Old 26 October 2020, 22:14   #1

Town: Taunton
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 5ph 4 Stroke
New Member - Avon 3.2m SIB

Evening all, I've been dipping in and out of the forum over the last few weeks and months as a non member and learning lots about RIB's mainly, my wife and I got into freediving and fishing this summer and were thinking about getting a RIB next year when we'd saved a bit to help with those pastimes and perhaps facilitate the odd night away wild beach camping.

I'd ruled out SIB's as it seemed like there would lots of potential leaks when in and out of coves beaching and whatnot. Then I saw this little beauty and a quick rush of blood to the head later and as of 4 days ago I'm the owner of my first boat. A mystery model of 3.2m Avon with a 5hp 1997 Honda 4 stroke. Took her out on Sat and did a fun filled 5 miles up and down a stretch of coast in Torbay having a great time- it's fair to say I'm smitten already.

I've done an an awful lot of forum searching over the last few days and learnt a lot - I'll very shortly be posting a few burning questions in the relevant parts of the forum, in particular what exactly have a just bought (no identifier plate - S100?) but first off just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to hopefully becoming part of this great little community.

Ben.
Old 26 October 2020, 23:02   #2

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Hi Ben ___F and welcome. I'm sure all your burning questions will find a myriad of answers from the wealth of knowledge on the forum.
The guys on here have certainly helped me over the past few months.
Old 26 October 2020, 23:12   #3

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Welcome Ben. Congratulations on you first foray into sibbing. I'll look at your questions on the other post tomorrow.

David

Tags
avon, sib