Old 20 April 2020, 02:15   #1

Length: 3m +
New guy here [emoji112][emoji112]

Hi everyone! I'm getting into the RIB community.. picking up a 2003 Achilles sgx-122 with 15hp 4 stroke tohatsu tomorrow.. I have been kayaking for years but moving onto this also to expand my distance and time to get there,maybe bring my kids sometimes for the ride and fish.. What's everyone's though on this combination? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200419-190710_Gallery.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	132756Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200419-190658_Gallery.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	132757
Old 20 April 2020, 12:16   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
welcome cell128, good combination should be easy to handle down the beach enjoy
Old 20 April 2020, 12:26   #3

Town: Montrose
Boat name: Ruby Blue
Make: Honwave & SW4800cc
Engine: Mariner 15 & 60efi
RIBase
Hi and welcome, obviously new to this - lots of fun to come post lockdown. Nice package and should do you well. For information, what you have there is a SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat. A RIB is a Rigid Inflatable Boat = Hard hull does not roll up and fit into a bag and always needs a trailer (Unless it's an F-Rib! Foldable RIB)
Have fun and enjoy the forum
Old 20 April 2020, 12:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by warder54 View Post
Hi and welcome, obviously new to this - lots of fun to come post lockdown. Nice package and should do you well. For information, what you have there is a SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat. A RIB is a Rigid Inflatable Boat = Hard hull does not roll up and fit into a bag and always needs a trailer (Unless it's an F-Rib! Foldable RIB)
Have fun and enjoy the forum
Thank you for that insight! Yes completely new to this lol.. Would you consider this safe outside the harbor? I'm located in so cal long Beach area.. Got my hopes up for catching some yellows since I've been mainly taking home halibuts and rockfish on the yak... I actually did get this one because of no trailer.. I have no room for it at the moment since I lost my house to a divorce unfortunately years ago had to also give up my 18 ft center console..im hoping this does open up a whole new world of fun.. Just ordered an Engel airator and a transducer mount bracket for the transom I'll be sharing my dragonfly depth finder between the yak and the sib.. Can't wait to get that puppy in the water.. Pic of last halibut I caught up in county line! Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20200420-055319_Instagram.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	132766