Old 24 April 2022, 18:38   #1

New F-Rib 275 owner from Argyll

Hello all, So finally got myself a new F-Rib 275 yesterday. It was a bit of a hunt to find one. Even went as far as contacting dealers in Germany who told me there were none in Europe. Spoke to F-Rib HQ down in Southampton who explained they're hoping to start production in the UK but cannot get a supply of the tube material. I really wanted a Russian built one as a complete new manufacturing process may throw up a few teething troubles with regards to QC. So it seems this one is possibly the last Russian built new F-Rib 275 in Europe. Also treated myself to a new Suzuki 6hp 4 stroke outboard.
A bit about me ex RN where I first caught the bug for RIBs using Gemini's, Pacific's, and a couple others I can't remember the names of. Started off in 93 with my RN boat ticket in Falmouth bay then had to go do my RYA PB level 2 at Jupiter point on the Tamar. I even got my International certificate of competency which Was quite lucky that in my branch we conducted aircrew sea drills and parachute dragging drills every week so got plenty of experience over my 22 years. Also completed the week long outboard engine maintainers course, even though our outboards were always serviced and repaired at a central MOD workshop so can't remember much of the course now.
Gathering all the essential bits and pieces at the moment and awaiting my made to measure dry suit from Ravenspring. Looking forward to getting out n about as I live in Argyll so have lots of lochs to choose from. Been watching Donny Wilcox's fantastic channel on YouTube who has the same boat and also a 6hp outboard and explores the same waters around me.
Old 24 April 2022, 18:49   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Hi and welcome to the forum. You are in the right area for sibbing, one we have visited many times but only for all too brief holiday periods.

Your outfit is super portable and should enable huge flexibility around great launch spots.

David
Old 24 April 2022, 18:53   #3

Cheers Fenlander. Done some kayaking in the area but looking forward to exploring further. The F-Rib, outboard and everything else all fits in the car so will be setting it all up on the waters edge.
Old 24 April 2022, 18:55   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
We too are out of the back of the car sibbers... have been for 10+yrs. It's taken us some great places. Look forward to hearing of your exploits with the new outfit.
Old 24 April 2022, 19:03   #5

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Hi and welcome, had my first sib holiday on the West Coast last year up at Lochalsh, back up just north of Oban later this year really looki g forward to it.
Enjoy exploring inyour new F-Rib.
Old 24 April 2022, 19:37   #6

Cheers Steve. I realise how spoiled for choice I am living here. Now to streamline my life to make more time on the water.

Tags
rib