Old 18 April 2018, 08:40   #1

Town: puerto vallarta
Boat name: ribjet
Make: NauticaInternational
Length: 3m +
Engine: 80 hp yamaha jet mot
nautica international10ft rib jet boat info

Hello, i have a 2001 nautica international ribjet boat with the 80 hp 2 stroke yamaha inboard jet motor & i believe the impeller is locked up with sand.the motor is getting cooling water but nothing is coming out the the pee hole in the back. Can anyone please explain to me how to go about freeing it up ? Do i remove the 2 plates on the bottom of the boat ? they look like access plates to the driveshaft & impeller. Also, can the impeller normally be turned by hand while on the trailer with the motor off ? does anyone have a owners manual for this boat (not the motor ) that they would be willing to send a copy of to me for a reasonable sum? the nautica international 9,11,12 & 13 would probably be similar. A manual would certainly be a big help ! Thanks for reading this.
Old 18 April 2018, 22:20   #2

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
The impeller is directly connected to the crank so take plugs out and should turn wash as much sand out out as you can with a hose or pressure washer. There should be a 0.2-0.5mm gap round the impeller the housing can swell hopefully it’s a standard Yamaha housing. If it is buy a new one they are a wearing part and need replacing also the impeller need to be free of rough edges or damage etc

The plates underneath are the ride plate you may be able to unbolt the steering and housing from the rear and pull it out or you may need to take the ride plate off.

This image might help https://goo.gl/images/5WmPZB greenhulk is a good resource for jet based things
Old 19 April 2018, 01:57   #3

Town: puerto vallarta
Boat name: ribjet
Make: NauticaInternational
Length: 3m +
Engine: 80 hp yamaha jet mot
Thanks for the link & the info ! I am going to try & clean it out tomorrow, hopefully it didn't seize the pump when it heated up.

Tags
rib