Old 13 June 2021, 16:39   #1

Town: St Ives
Boat name: Louise
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard
I lurk no more..

Hi All

Tom and family here, who are having to put up with my purchase of a 2000 vintage Zodiac while I have my eye on a new Honwave - I'll post the horribly predictable reasons in the SIB section..

Based in Cambs, messing around on the river is the primary reason for being here, with holidays by the sea in mind soon.

I'll be looking for help soon, no doubt, so thanks in advance.
Old 13 June 2021, 17:07   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Welcome to the forum... not too far from me then. We far prefer the sea but for boat/engine snagging or testing buy the odd day licence to launch at Hartford marina and do the section between Houghton and Godmanchester locks.

Which Zodiac did you get? Does it have a engine yet?

David
Old 13 June 2021, 18:23   #3

Town: St Ives
Boat name: Louise
Make: Zodiac
Engine: outboard
Hi David - Hartford's nice - 'specially for lunch!

The Zodiac is a Futura Mk2 with the air deck. I bought it last year having had younger experiences with a hypalon Grand Raid and always wanted a Futura.

I got a 2stroke yamaha 15 with it which I need to get serviced - but for pootling around on the river I also picked up a little Mercury 3.5 - more suitable and internal fuel tank increases floorspace for muddy feet!

Although on a trip out last weekend (after some transom glueing which was looking good) the floor parted with the tubes and by the time I got home the whole front was lolling open like a best man's waistcoat. I'm not surprised, but seeing lots of daylight under perfectly good tubes is a bit devastating.

I'm now doing the classic, shall I fix it? Shall I put it down to experience? debate with myself when I could get a T38 and be back on the water next weekend.. I'm not allowed to have two at the same time, not after what happened with the pinball tables..;-)

Cheers!
Old 13 June 2021, 18:46   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I've just sold a lovely Yamaha 15hp 2-stroke because a shoulder and age related problem has made weight absolutely crucial to me. Now saved 10kg with a Tohatsu 9.8 2-stroke. Also bought an easier to manage SIB which is awaiting sea trials before getting the green light as a keeper.

I've done the glue thing with an old Bombard bought cheap and just used as proof of concept and then sold on cheap. After a couple of years with the new owner the glue stated to fail other places and it was scrapped.

A new T38 if you can see stock anywhere may be your best bet of getting on the water quickly this summer. I see Boatworld will have them in 8 days... several of us have bought from them this year and they've been good.

Can't advise re the Mrs/Pinball tables/ no. of boats etc.

https://boatworld.co.uk/honwave-t38-...nflatable-boat