Old 05 May 2015, 09:23   #1

Length: under 3m
Hi from South Devon (SIB)

Hi, I'm from Teignmouth and have just sold on my sailing boat but have decided to keep the tender, which I never actually used in the whole time I have owned her!

The tender is a Phoenix 10ft airdeck, by the looks of it not a very well known brand, (anyone know anything about them?). I'm guessing it's from the land of the rising sun... We'll see how it holds up to fairly casual use, probably mostly on the Teign estuary and on the coast in fine weather. No outboard yet, although I am looking around for one just now. High speed isn't a priority for me, I'll be using it for just pottering about and fishing, so will probably look out for a 5 hp 2 stroke - think that will get me back in past an estuary mouth that's emptying on the tide? I have a fair bit of sea kayak experience, and have a dry box with safety essentials (flares, first aid), but will no doubt have to get a few extras for the SIB. My VHF has gone with the sailboat, so will be looking for a handheld version of that for a start off.

Look forward to soaking up what seems like a wealth of knowledge on here.

So here's the Phoenix the one and only time I inflated it (in my living room haha) some time ago, being modelled by my lovely wife! I hope to be taking it to the water over the next couple of weeks so I should have some more up to date pictures