Old 29 September 2013, 21:09   #1

Town: Brittany
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp
Hi from Brittany

Just saying Hello as an expat on the (not too far) other side of the water.
have joined the CAP Breizh forum yesterday as well.
Got myself a 7m+ RIB after being without one for the last 5 years. Previous life before coming out here was around the Solent/IOW so am looking forward to the challenge of the Brittany coast. Got some updating and TLC to do on my S/H RIB and trailer which I towed back from Scotland last week before I get it in the water.
Am hoping to join in on the outings with the CAP Breizh members and get across the channel when weather allows so hopefully get to know some of you in time.

Cheers for now.

Chas
Old 01 December 2013, 21:24   #2

Town: East Kent and Brittany
Boat name: Cameo
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200hp Suzuki
MMSI: 235067011
Hi chas,

We've just come back from Brittany, and we're in the middle (Rostrenen) which is a holiday home. We've only got a 4.8m RIB, but will be looking to taking out to Brittany next year.

PB.
Old 10 December 2013, 10:13   #3
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Hi chas,

We have a flat in dinard which is just tgevother side of the Rance from St Malo. We have the boat there on a mooring and do all sorts of trips out. We have been on a few CAP Breizh meetings - great fun but they tend to go a little slowly for my liking! Whereabouts are you in Brittany, it would be cool to have a run out sometime. We are planning to go all the way round to the golfe de morhubian this year, we made it to ouessang a couple of years ago which was great fun.
Old 10 December 2013, 13:07   #4

Town: Brittany
Engine: 200hp
Hi chaps, thanks for replying to the post as I was starting to ponder that I was the only Ribnet forum member on this side of the water. I'll be in for a group outing next year. So much to explore here, where does one start? 70th anniversary of D Day next year so that's something else to consider. Lets all keep in touch. Chas
Old 10 December 2013, 18:28   #5

Length: no boat
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasbags View Post
Just saying Hello as an expat on the (not too far) other side of the water.
have joined the CAP Breizh forum yesterday as well.
Got myself a 7m+ RIB after being without one for the last 5 years. Previous life before coming out here was around the Solent/IOW so am looking forward to the challenge of the Brittany coast. Got some updating and TLC to do on my S/H RIB and trailer which I towed back from Scotland last week before I get it in the water.
Am hoping to join in on the outings with the CAP Breizh members and get across the channel when weather allows so hopefully get to know some of you in time.

Cheers for now.

Chas

Salut Chas et bienvenue a la RIBNET!

Un mot de caution - ne trouble pas les grands fromages (Les net administrators) Ils sont sauvages - ils n'avait pas mercy. They will vous debarrare from le net dans un second if vous post quelques chose naughty! Especialment Les administrators de L' Irland et Scotland.