Old 01 July 2018, 08:33   #1

Town: West Yorkshire
Length: no boat
Hello from West Yorkshire

Hello. Thanks for adding me.
I am a totally new to this. My dad had a boat for a short while, when we were kids.
I am now after something for me and my son to potter about in on holiday. My daughter may join us, but dont think wife will .
I have been looking for a few weeks now but every time I decide, they dont stock in the UK.

I am on a budget. Not bothered if its used.
I have a LWB Ford Transit, so it should fit in the back. I dont want to tow it.
I was looking at Honwave or Excel as they are easy to buy and good reviews.
Not sure on size. I think 2.7. Needs to be 3 people really. I read that aly floors need a flat surface to install? It will be on the grass by the beach, so not 100% flat. Because of this, I was thinking air floor, as they are strong.
I want an outboard motor, but that will have to wait till next year. I have a horse box to pay for
I have found a few used with a small outboard but always miles away in Cornwall
Old 01 July 2018, 09:37   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Hello dredge and welcome to the forum.

Some folks do manage with 2.7m sizes but they are quite cramped for anything more than short trips. If you could get to 3.2-3.4m you'd really appreciate the space.

Yep Honwave and Excel are both fine.

A flatter surface is a great help with alloy floor models. It sounds like an air floor might suit best though.

Most important re the outfit you end up with is where do you mostly intend to use it... river or sea... if mostly sea what do you intend to use it for... bit of messing about close to shore or longer trips??
Old 01 July 2018, 13:42   #3

Town: Harrogate
Boat name: Dragonfly
Make: Zodiac Cadet 340
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha 15hp
Honwave

Hello Dredge
I am selling my Honwave T32IE in the next couple of weeks. I live in Harrogate so not too far from you. I’m selling the boat and a trailer but no outboard. The boat is in excellent condition and I have added launch wheels for easy access to the wate. Let me know if you are interested
Old 01 July 2018, 14:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Hello dredge and welcome to the forum.

Some folks do manage with 2.7m sizes but they are quite cramped for anything more than short trips. If you could get to 3.2-3.4m you'd really appreciate the space.

Yep Honwave and Excel are both fine.

A flatter surface is a great help with alloy floor models. It sounds like an air floor might suit best though.

Most important re the outfit you end up with is where do you mostly intend to use it... river or sea... if mostly sea what do you intend to use it for... bit of messing about close to shore or longer trips??
For the sea. Just messing about close to the shore. There is an small island. It takes 3 mins to walk the muddy shore. I may venture round it one day.

I dont have legs, but love having fun in the sea
Old 01 July 2018, 14:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyrathmell View Post
Hello Dredge
I am selling my Honwave T32IE in the next couple of weeks. I live in Harrogate so not too far from you. I’m selling the boat and a trailer but no outboard. The boat is in excellent condition and I have added launch wheels for easy access to the wate. Let me know if you are interested
I dont need a trailer.
I have a large garden but access is limited. I will store it in one of my sheds.
If its cheap enough, YES but guessing it wont be
Old 01 July 2018, 20:31   #6

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Length: 4m +
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Hi dredge3 I would recommend the Honwave 3.8 if you are using it for sea trips with a minum 6hp but 9.9 would suit you better also the excel 330 or 360 would work well with the above engines if you’re are carrying three people plus gear it will soon get cramped remember that wee can only advise you on what to get but we have been there done that and thought dame should have got bigger Boat but only experience will learn you that through time [emoji6]