Old 29 August 2019, 00:26   #1

Town: Thomaston
Boat name: Bombard c3
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Hello from Maine and needing some RIB help

Hi all, great to join the forum! I have a Bombard C3. Had been to SOuth Georgia, Antarctica, Falklands, Newfoundland... you name it! Has seen some rough use and rugged beach landings, been bitten by leopard seals, been rammed up against ice..... but just keeps going after a little patch or two. Sadly, I left the aluminium floorboards lying on the dock to dry, which I regret now, as one was gone in the morning (the second floor piece from the stern). I assumed it had fallen into the river, so spent a long time scuba diving, but could not find it. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? It's really just a faithful old RIB. Someone, somewhere has an old floorboard lying in their garage and doesn't need it anymore, but how to locate it? Or do I have to get my scuba gear on again and keep searching in that murky, sludgy river?
Old 29 August 2019, 10:47   #2

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Welcome.
I suspect you'll need to do what you're doing and keep asking around. Perhaps find an old C3 lying about somewhere. There's surely gotta be something discarded at harbours. Have you tried the local Bombard/Zodiac dealer, you could get lucky.

Tags
rib