Old 25 May 2020, 14:31   #1

Town: Peterborough
Boat name: None
Make: Brig
Length: 6m +
Engine: 175 outboard
Hello & so looking forward to this !

Hi all,
praying that this years boat show isn't cancelled as I plan to go and buy a brand new rib. Im undecided between a Brig Eagle 6.7 and Grand GoldenLine G650. Have previously owned a Seadoo Speedster Twin 170hp and a Fletcher 125hp speedboat but the past 5 years I've been a river cruiser on the River Nene based at Oundle Marina. As much as I love the river I've always preferred the sea so made the decision to get the rib even though im currently 170 miles from my preferred playground of the Solent. Im closer to the Wash at the moment but I expect to move in the next couple of years certainly closer to the sea and probably to Spain ! I will be doing my RYA Powerboat 2 course in September as ill tie it in with my visit to the boat show and that will get me my ICC.
Ive joined this group to find information on moorings, slips, boatyards and general Information as im well out of date. Ive done a couple of RYA shore based courses and intend to do as much training as I can fit in.
My interests are photography, swimming, snorkelling, fishing, the odd beer or two and I also intend to learn how to scuba dive so if anyone knows of good scuba sites in the south please let me know.
Between now and September if anyone needs a helper please let me know. If I can get some experience from anyone its all good. Thanks for reading this, hope to meet up with some of you soon.

Alan
Old 17 October 2020, 14:05   #2

Town: Celje
Length: no boat
Have you bought any + experiences?

I am in the same position!