Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibfisher View Post
Managed to get on the SSR site and I have now registered and payed the £35 fee

Thanks for the help

Well done. You need to mark the number onto the boat. Self adhesive numbers on the transom will do. There’s a minimum size. You’re also entitled to fly the red Ensign now.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 21:11   #22
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
You’re also entitled to fly the red Ensign now.
Now THAT is really something special!!

"Ribbing-the most expensive way of travelling third class"
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2020, 18:25   #23

Town: Northwich
Make: Elling
Length: 3m +
Engine: Orca 9.8 4 stroke
RIBase
That's for sure very happy I finally got there, when I registered the boat the form asked for the boat name does this mean they will send me the Registration number or the name to put on the boat, I would want to put the number as as the Spanish authorities would recognise that more,
Old 24 February 2020, 18:28   #24

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
They send neither. Just a registration certificate. You’ll need to get the registration number applied to your boat. They’ll tell you it’s got to be a specific size and on both sides. In reality it doesn’t really matter and a lot of people simply put it on the transom.
Old 24 February 2020, 20:05   #25

RIBase
Just to be clear that is both sides at the back of the boat, in Spain it is different they have the ID numbers on both sides at the front

Thanks
Bob
Old 24 February 2020, 20:21   #26

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibfisher View Post
Just to be clear that is both sides at the back of the boat, in Spain it is different they have the ID numbers on both sides at the front

Thanks
Bob

You can just put it once on the transom.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 24 February 2020, 21:34   #27

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	132210
Old 25 February 2020, 09:12   #28

RIBase
Thanks for the photo Tim looks a very nice boat you got there,
Looks very clear now where to put it, just got see when I get to inflate my boat when the weather gets better if there is enough room with the outboard and launching wheels ether side
Old 01 March 2020, 17:15   #29

RIBase
Hi Lad's
My kb 350 is still in the garage waiting for the rain to stop, since I have bought it and it has not stopped raining as. soon as the weather breaks will write a review on what I think.
I was lucky the day after buying the boat I picked up a extreme 750kg trailer so will will be putting it on and making a few adjustments.
I have also got the boat cover from boat World so will do a post on that.

Forgot to mention when I pick the boat and engine up the person I bought it from put the engine in my car wrong way up telling me that was the correct way, now I know he did not have a clue and me not knowing anything about it I just took his word, a 2 hour drive home went to take it out of the boot and there was a smell of petrol and also oil had leaked out.

Found the Manuel saying how it should be put down panic ump my new engine looked on the internet for a solution found a solution on utube not to panic 1st check oil level it was low so bought some more oil and topped it up 2nd See if any oil had got into the cylinders or carb so out came the spark plugs and check them they were ok said to pulled the starting cord about 10 time to check any oil was in the cylinders if there was it would have come out of spark plug holes, they were dry good news so back in with the plugs.

Now to see if it would start with no problems put it in a bin of water connected the fuel line opened the air valve pumped petrol into the carb pulled the choke out and pulled the starting rope about 4 times no start pumped it again and hay presto it started with a lot of smoke pushed the choke in after about 5 mins it was fine with no smoke and the engine sounded good relief and happiness

Time to get started and show some photos of my trailer its an Extreme 350kg Bunker trailer I picked up from Stratford Boats and Outboards, before buying it I emailed with the specification of the Elling kb 350 to see if it was any good and was told it was, so hopefully I will only need to do a few adjustment.
This week will be pumping the boat up and putting it on the trailer with the engine on will post how I got on with photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200301_123316.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	132269   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200301_123244.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	132270  
Old 01 March 2020, 17:55   #30

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Thanks for updating us... always good to hear how folks get on with different outfits.

The way you lay down 4-strokes does need a bit of thought but as long as you check with the plugs out that it hasn't filled the bores then no harm done... just a bit of smoke as you found.
Old 12 March 2020, 19:00   #31

RIBase
SSR & ICC Registration + RYA Power Boat Level 2

I have finally got my SSR Registration Number for my boat and thanks for all the help and advice on the way.

Does anyone know where I can get the number made and put it on the boat like signs that they put on cars.

On Monday I am having the RYA Power Boat Level 2 Course so all gos well should have that plus the ICC Document so other than the insurance will have all the paper work needed when I take it to Spain.

Any recommendation what insurance company to go for

Next week will posting updates and photos of the progress so far.
Old 31 March 2020, 12:03   #32

RIBase
Finally got all my documentation

Hi Ribers / Sibers

I have now got all my paperwork in order, it has taken a while and cost a few Bob but very Happy

First was SSR Certificate, I manage to put the number on the outside of the transom

Next was the RYA Power Boat Handling Level 2 that I took on a one on one day course that was a long day and a lot to take in ( Very tiring ), I think I made the right decision doing this when I did as with Corona virus who knows when I would be able to take it.

Today I have received my RYA ICC Certificate which I applied for straight after the boat test so other than the insurance which I will get when we can travel I have now got all the paperwork.

Thanks for all the advice on the way, the problem now with all of us we are now in lock down so my boat is in the garage.

We found out the trip back to Spain by ferry has been cancelled till further notice so who knows after getting everything in order when I will be taking my boat to Spain being in lock down as well.

The most important thing we all come out of this fit and healthy
Old 31 March 2020, 12:10   #33

Glad you got it all sorted before the lockdown!

I’m curious about the one day powerboat level 2; I’m assuming this was the full course rather than the direct assessment (the latter is for people who already have experience and simply need an assessment to get the paperwork).
Old 31 March 2020, 16:39   #34

RIBase
Hi Tim,

It was the RYA Level 2 Powerboat I completed all in one day, when I booked it the week before I was told it would be a 2 day course with 2 other people but I had to wait for 2 other people, if I took a 1 on 1 it could be completed in 1 day at a day of my choosing so I went for that, it cost a lot more money and was a very long intense day.
The course was quit intense with a lot theory and practice on a rib boat, the instructor was very good and made it very clear explaining thing by the end of the day I was shattered.
Old 31 March 2020, 16:47   #35

Interesting because there is no scope to conduct a level 2 in a day - the RYA stipulates it is a full two day course no matter how few candidates are on it. Also interesting that it cost more to do the one day than the mandatory two!
Old 31 March 2020, 18:54   #36

RIBase
All I know being new to all this is what I was told, I took the test and passed and was given my RYA Power Boat Level 2 ID card with photo a on it, they also gave me the RYA ICC application form to apply for with a 10 pound voucher.
Old 31 March 2020, 19:07   #37

RIBase
Tim
All I know being new to all this is what I was told the 1 day cost me 300 pounds if I had waited for 2 others and took it when they say over 2 days it would have cost 150.
I passed the test and was given my RYA Power Boat Level 2 ID with my photo on it they also gave me at the time the RYA ICC application form with a 10 pound discount voucher.
So all in all it was a hard day and I think I done well
Old 31 March 2020, 19:34   #38

Wasn’t having a dig at you. But that’s very poor form from the training center you went to.
Old 31 March 2020, 19:48   #39

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Wasn’t having a dig at you. But that’s very poor form from the training center you went to.

Agreed, iirc there’s a prescribed number of hours that the course has to last. Mrs PD & I did ours with a private instructor & it was pretty intense for the 2 days, & we’re pretty experienced.