Old 21 June 2020, 10:31   #1

Town: Dinas Powys
Boat name: Atlanta
Make: Menai Marine
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outb petrol 100hp
Good morning & Introduction to RIBneters

Good morning

Just bought our second RIB after a bit of a long break. It's an unusual make which Google searches doesn't bring up a lot on so interested to hear if anybody else has any knowledge or experiences of the hull. It's a Menai Atlanta 55 SR (Sports RIB). Apparently built by Menai Marine in Caernarfon, North Wales but originally a South African design.

This one is a 2014 hull which looks to be in excellent condition and I have to say I just love the console design. Outboard is a 100hp Yamaha 4-stroke.

My wife and I used to use our previous RIB as a Safety/Rescue Boat for National & International sailing and windsurfing events which could be hard work, but also great fun. This one will be more for leisure but we'll see if there is still a need or any demand for that.

We tend to launch in Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire. I'm currently going through a list of checks/minor work on the trailer and boat to get it ready for it's initial shakedown and familiarisation which we hope to do soon after the lock-down restrictions in Wales are eased (from 6th July - all things being equal).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (4).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	133665  

Tags
rib