Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 February 2017, 14:58   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Cushendall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
GNG Engineering

Hi, my name is Gary.
I am a welder/fabricator. Please take a look at my work.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
GNG Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 February 2017, 19:04   #2
Member
 
tamsbairn's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Tealing
Make: DSB Zephyr
Length: 4m +
Engine: outboard 40hp Yamaha
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 117
I just had a look at your fb page very nice work
I was really impressed with the Lincoln welder at the coal plant, there were sets offshore many years ago on hook up and sometime there would be none starters due to flat battery the welders were amazed when I hooked the weld cables of the machines together the non start wind the current full up the other right down and start the good machine and slowly wind the current up and the engine started turning over and started good old days before to much HSE was involved lol
__________________

__________________
tamsbairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 06:34   #3
Member
 
M.Thornton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: blackpool
Boat name: Fast Forward
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315 Yanmar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 374
Just bought an Asis rib ,very impressed with the A-frame and rear seat that you fabricated,lovely work
__________________
It looks massive on the trailer,but tiny in a big sea!
M.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:24   #4
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Thornton View Post
Just bought an Asis rib ,very impressed with the A-frame and rear seat that you fabricated,lovely work
Is it a cabin rib Mike ?? Don't forget to post some pics.....
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:43   #5
Member
 
M.Thornton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: blackpool
Boat name: Fast Forward
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315 Yanmar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Is it a cabin rib Mike ?? Don't forget to post some pics.....
No it's just a 7m open with a 250 Etec,should be fun.Still got the cabin Scorpion,4m Searider,4m Aerotec.Think it's a malady with no cure!!Wife says I ought to collect stamps instead of ribs
__________________
It looks massive on the trailer,but tiny in a big sea!
M.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:46   #6
Member
 
M.Thornton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: blackpool
Boat name: Fast Forward
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315 Yanmar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 374
Ps Sold the kayak though
__________________
It looks massive on the trailer,but tiny in a big sea!
M.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:51   #7
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Selling the kayak should contribute to 2 or 3 jerry cans of fuel I suppose
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:53   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Cushendall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsbairn View Post
I just had a look at your fb page very nice work
I was really impressed with the Lincoln welder at the coal plant, there were sets offshore many years ago on hook up and sometime there would be none starters due to flat battery the welders were amazed when I hooked the weld cables of the machines together the non start wind the current full up the other right down and start the good machine and slowly wind the current up and the engine started turning over and started good old days before to much HSE was involved lol
Hi, the Lincoln is about late 1960's, I've had it for 26 years. It's always been reliable. I started a refurb a couple of years ago which is still a work in progress. I know it doesn't comply with modern regulations but most of the sites I'm on they're just happy that the welding is getting done. Gary
__________________
GNG Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:54   #9
Member
 
M.Thornton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: blackpool
Boat name: Fast Forward
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315 Yanmar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Selling the kayak should contribute to 2 or 3 jerry cans of fuel I suppose
__________________
It looks massive on the trailer,but tiny in a big sea!
M.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 08:59   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Cushendall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Thornton View Post
Just bought an Asis rib ,very impressed with the A-frame and rear seat that you fabricated,lovely work
Thanks for the comment. If you need anything else for it let me know. Gary
__________________
GNG Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 12:41   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: denny
Boat name: breezy
Make: northcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: honda 150
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 883
RIBase
just had a look at your fb page very impressed with your stainless work I like shiny bits
__________________
breezeblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 12:46   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Cushendall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeblock View Post
just had a look at your fb page very impressed with your stainless work I like shiny bits
Hi, glad you like my work. If you need anything in that line give me a call.
Thanks. Gary
__________________
GNG Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 13:53   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: denny
Boat name: breezy
Make: northcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: honda 150
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 883
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNG Engineering View Post
Hi, glad you like my work. If you need anything in that line give me a call.
Thanks. Gary
I had a look at your front bollards I thought they were quite a good idea with the high rail at the back for support I quite fancy having a go at building one with a bracket on the top for a light over the bow
__________________
breezeblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 14:41   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Cushendall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeblock View Post
I had a look at your front bollards I thought they were quite a good idea with the high rail at the back for support I quite fancy having a go at building one with a bracket on the top for a light over the bow
If it's the ones I'm thinking of I made them for the ASIS RIBs. You can send me a pic to confirm.
__________________

__________________
GNG Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.