Old 09 July 2013, 10:34   #1

Town: Douglas
Boat name: Dauntless
Make: Valiant
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 60
Gleetings from the IOM!

Hello,

I have just bought my first (own) Rib so thought I'd introduce myself before the massive influx of benign questions I'm about to throw out there

My name is Leon, I live on the Isle of Man. RIB is primarily for messing about, and probably the odd trip to the UK / Ireland.

Anyone else from around this way?!

Cheers

Leon
Old 09 July 2013, 21:56   #2

Town: south Yorkshire
Boat name: Trasee
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235099743
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKommandant View Post
Hello,

I have just bought my first (own) Rib so thought I'd introduce myself before the massive influx of benign questions I'm about to throw out there

My name is Leon, I live on the Isle of Man. RIB is primarily for messing about, and probably the odd trip to the UK / Ireland.

Anyone else from around this way?!

Cheers

Leon
Hi. & welcome,Not from your neck of the woods, but while you are on about benign questions,we are up in the isle of Whithorn in a few weeks thinking of a trip over to the IOM,can see it on a clear day wondered what kind of trip it maybe like, & what the harbour situations are like on the northern tip of the IOM,
Old 09 July 2013, 22:00   #3

Town: LONDON
Make: SR4/ZODIAC/3D
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30T/40T
Leon or Reon?
Either way, welcome ( wercome ).
Old 10 July 2013, 08:12   #4

Town: Douglas
Boat name: Dauntless
Make: Valiant
Engine: Mariner 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr650 View Post
Hi. & welcome,Not from your neck of the woods, but while you are on about benign questions,we are up in the isle of Whithorn in a few weeks thinking of a trip over to the IOM,can see it on a clear day wondered what kind of trip it maybe like, & what the harbour situations are like on the northern tip of the IOM,
I can't comment on what sort of trip the journey over would be like as I've not done it yet! By all accounts there are quite a few people from here who set off in both directions with reasonably easy planning and don't have any issues.

The harbours up north are a bit sparse, Ramsey is your closest, and Ramsey is affectionately referred to as "Basra" by one of my friends...a bit excessive but you get the idea!

If you have the time I would go a bit further down, on one side about half way down you have Douglas (the capital) or if you go the other side down to Peel (the holiday town with the good ice cream)

Let me know closer to the time, I can get more detailed info for you if you need.

Cheers
Old 10 July 2013, 19:00   #5

Town: south Yorkshire
Boat name: Trasee
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235099743
Yeah great to here,peel it is then,beaches look good on the northern tip if google earth is to be believed. Thanks for the offer will let you know hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so