Old 13 December 2009, 18:07   #21

Town: Portland, Dorset
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
At the risk of sounding negative... I expect there aren't many companies who would want to to take on the headache of organising that kind of thing. 'Hello Mr Insurer, I'd like to hire out expensive equipment that has many things that can go wrong; to anyone with a basic qualification that they might have completed in something very different; and also take on responsibility for showing a group of them around at high speed'

They'd have to charge a prohibitive amount just to cover the cost of anything going wrong, including bad weather cancellations.

Although if similar things exist for both sailing and motorcycling maybe it's just that no one has done it yet, and I'm being far too cynical ?!
Old 13 December 2009, 18:59   #22

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrumpy View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of flying to Europe somewhere, being collected at the airport, transported to a villa which will be your base for a few days and then during the next 3 days (or so) chartering ribs in an organised group with a lead rib that knows the area and has done all the route planing. In the evening to all eat and chat together then do the same the next day etc etc
Sounds like a great idea, just make sure you get a financial commitment out of everyone not just a yes these days people have a nasty knack of letting others down at the last minute