Old 30 April 2023, 07:26   #1

Length: 6m +
Zodiac Open 6.5 or Highfield Patrol 660

Hello! Since almost a month I cannot decide between these two models. The zodiac seems to be a little bit more expensive if You compare it with the same futures. On the zodiac You might be able to change the tubes but I will use the boat for 3 or 4 weeks in a year (the rest of the time it will be garaged) so I hopefully will never have the need to change something in the following 5 years. On the see both seem to be prepared for rough sea but the problem is that I have no possibilty to drive both of them in the next month. One zodiac is standing on a small lake and the Highfield stands 2000 km far away from me to be tested. Have somebody of You compared/ tested these two models?
Old 03 May 2023, 12:50   #2

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
Not quite, I had the Zodica Pro 9 man and now have the Patrol 600, used to spend time alongside a mates Open 6.5 but only ever as looked, never used.

I find the lay out and space on the Patrol a better use. There's more free space for kit, people or just spreading out. Plenty of storage and the bow rise is certainly better. Tis means a better ride in bigger seas.

My 9man used to slap about a bit when bouncing throws seas, rather then cut through, like the Highfield hulls.

For me it would come down to layout (which one suits how you want to use the boat?) Cost, engine (who locally can service) and area of use.

For the bigger sea, I'd go Patrol, for sapce I'd go Patrol, the rest only you know.

Hope that helps?

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2023, 18:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerat View Post
Not quite, I had the Zodica Pro 9 man and now have the Patrol 600, used to spend time alongside a mates Open 6.5 but only ever as looked, never used.

I find the lay out and space on the Patrol a better use. There's more free space for kit, people or just spreading out. Plenty of storage and the bow rise is certainly better. Tis means a better ride in bigger seas.

My 9man used to slap about a bit when bouncing throws seas, rather then cut through, like the Highfield hulls.

For me it would come down to layout (which one suits how you want to use the boat?) Cost, engine (who locally can service) and area of use.

For the bigger sea, I'd go Patrol, for sapce I'd go Patrol, the rest only you know.

Hope that helps?

Thank You very much. It helped me a lot!! In my area there is no retailer or service point for both of them. We have Grand or Ranieri here. For the engine its no problem to get it serviced... for the boat itself its not looking as good. I can only hope that the first few years will not serve me troubles.. the partol 600 seems to be very comparable to the 660 but i I think that the best will be to test both of them..

Tags
zodiac