Old 05 October 2016, 16:17   #1

Town: Merseyside
Make: walker bay genesis
Length: under 3m
Engine: mariner 2 stroke 4hp
Zodiac mk1 futura s

Hi guys...just bought the zodiac futura mk1 to replace my previous rib...gone from tootling about on a 4hp to a 30hp...fantastic on the calm but a little bumpy on the chop...

First day of trying the boat out the bow was skywards and my view was none existent.

Having changed the tilt on the engine and moving the seat further forward I had a much better time out on the open water but felt I was sitting awkwardly being so close to the console, console is located as forward as possible on the aluminium floor and to the right hand side with a fairly useless single seat next to it.

I would like to know could I remove the single seat and mount the console in the centre...and also could I move it more forward and mount it onto the wooden part of the floor? Would it enhance my balance and performance moving my 18 stone further forward....cheers.
Old 05 October 2016, 19:42   #2

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Mount your fuel tank at the bow.

It is natural for that boat to lift the bow a bit...on plane, you should have the boat dialed so only the rear 2/3 of the tubes are touching the water.

Ensure you have all compartments inflated to 240 mbar.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zodiac