Old 26 March 2022, 22:54   #1

Town: Llantwit Fardre, Pontypri
Boat name: Zodiac
Make: Zodiac Cadet
Length: 3m +
Engine: Evinrude 9.9hp
Zodiac Air Vales

Hi all, at the end of last year I noticed a small leak on the bottom seal and put a bit of glue around it to get me through my week away. Cleared the old glue off earlier this week and put some new glue on the area and some liquid latex inside both tubes then screwed the valves back on and pumped it up. The first attempt didn't work so put some more in today but upon refitting the valve I've found that it's now starting leaking lots of air, took it out and replaced it but still leaking. Any suggestions? It's the Zodiac Z60055 valves but read somewhere that the O ring might be the issue anybody know the part number? I don't think I'm keeping enough pressure for the liquid latex to work properly!!!! It's frying my brain!!!!
Old 26 March 2022, 23:37   #2

Town: Dixon
Boat name: "H8 2 Swim"
Make: monaco yachtsman
Length: 4m +
Engine: OB
take the valve completely out Copious amounts of silicone grease (dielectric grease is the same thing....) on all the thread and all the rubber and where any of it comes into contact with the boat. Screw it down together tight. Then fill and check for leaks with soapy water.
Old 27 March 2022, 13:01   #3

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McOmie View Post
Hi all, at the end of last year I noticed a small leak on the bottom seal and put a bit of glue around it to get me through my week away. Cleared the old glue off earlier this week and put some new glue on the area and some liquid latex inside both tubes then screwed the valves back on and pumped it up. The first attempt didn't work so put some more in today but upon refitting the valve I've found that it's now starting leaking lots of air, took it out and replaced it but still leaking. Any suggestions? It's the Zodiac Z60055 valves but read somewhere that the O ring might be the issue anybody know the part number? I don't think I'm keeping enough pressure for the liquid latex to work properly!!!! It's frying my brain!!!!

Zodiac valves require no glue or grease. In fact that will attract dirt and grit causing larger leaks. Since they have flimsy diaphragms they leak with the cap off. By design the cap is your final seal.
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 05:03   #4
Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoing View Post
...the cap is your final seal.

This . Pro status .

Unless the perimeter is leaking .... then replace the entire assembly.

Tools req'd.

Tags
zodiac