Old 21 November 2011, 14:18   #1

Town: Portimão
Boat name: Tabletes
Length: no boat
XPRO 380 ALU from 3D tender

Hi,

Does anywone have more information on XPRO commando boats from 3D tender?
I read their built with 1600 decitex pvc, i guess that´s better than the usual 1100.
They exist for 6 or 7 years now, but i could not find much info on the internet about it!
Maybe i go for the more expensive, but eventually more known Zodiac Mark II c in alu floor!

Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 22 November 2011, 01:01   #2

Town: oregon
Make: zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: M40C
I can't say how solid this way of figuring is, but one thing I look at besides the material and warranty is what is the max capacity of loads and the max hp rating. I think you'll find the max hp quite a bit less than the zodiac.

I love my bombard commando C3 with the aluminum floor, wood keel and 40hp rating. My particular boat is almost 23 years old and is in very good shape. I would only trade it for a C4 or C5!

I personally believe the max hp rating shows a bit about the quality of the construction.

Now, let me finish by saying I'm not bashing the 3D boats, or any others. I just don't know about the 3D. I've had other boats (achilles, dynous) and they were quality boats but rated for 20hp. The 40hp makes a HUGH difference.
Old 22 November 2011, 08:20   #3

Town: Portimão
Boat name: Tabletes
Length: no boat
Xpro any good?

Thanks for your view Sinner, i´m going to look into the C3.
And you have a solid argument when you reffer the Hp as comparing resistance of both boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
I can't say how solid this way of figuring is, but one thing I look at besides the material and warranty is what is the max capacity of loads and the max hp rating. I think you'll find the max hp quite a bit less than the zodiac.

I love my bombard commando C3 with the aluminum floor, wood keel and 40hp rating. My particular boat is almost 23 years old and is in very good shape. I would only trade it for a C4 or C5!

I personally believe the max hp rating shows a bit about the quality of the construction.

Now, let me finish by saying I'm not bashing the 3D boats, or any others. I just don't know about the 3D. I've had other boats (achilles, dynous) and they were quality boats but rated for 20hp. The 40hp makes a HUGH difference.
Old 06 December 2011, 01:40   #4

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
You cannot compare a X Pro Alu 380 which is a light rib tender with a aluminum hull & deck against a Bombard sib that has a alum pannel deck with inflatable keel, are completely different categories. Are made for Defender at a reputed boat manufacturer in thick German Mehler pvc or Achilles Hypalon.

Seaswift Boats - Astonishing value on hard boats, RIBs, inflatables and tenders | 3D Tender Xpro Commando Inflatable

The heavy duty versions of the 3D X Pro is a fiberglass hull & deck, both are well built, light and affordable comes in different sizes and budgets.

Seaswift Boats - Astonishing value on hard boats, RIBs, inflatables and tenders | 3D Tender X-Pro Defender RIB

Happy Sibbing
Old 06 December 2011, 04:40   #5

Town: oregon
Make: zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: M40C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
You cannot compare a X Pro Alu 380 which is a light rib tender with a aluminum hull & deck against a Bombard sib that has a alum pannel deck with inflatable keel, are completely different categories. Are made for Defender at a reputed boat manufacturer in thick German Mehler pvc or Achilles Hypalon.

Seaswift Boats - Astonishing value on hard boats, RIBs, inflatables and tenders | 3D Tender Xpro Commando Inflatable

The heavy duty versions of the 3D X Pro is a fiberglass hull & deck, both are well built, light and affordable comes in different sizes and budgets.

Seaswift Boats - Astonishing value on hard boats, RIBs, inflatables and tenders | 3D Tender X-Pro Defender RIB

Happy Sibbing
Defender makes the X-pro 380 commando with inflatable keel and aluminum floor boards. The commando is not an rib.

Bombard makes the C3 with a solid wood keel and aluminum floor boards.

The solid keel makes a better, less troublesome ride than the inflatable keel, IMO.