KTH

Town: Halifax
Boat name: ZADA
Make: Zodiac 360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Windermere Registration

Hi,
I have my boat registered with SSR and I have contacted Windermere who have advised me that I can use the SSR numbers as long as they are displayed according to their rules, White on Black 6" High etc.

Would I still need to register at Ferry Nab even though I won't be launching from there?

KTH
Old 13 September 2010, 22:26   #2

Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTH View Post
Hi,
I have my boat registered with SSR and I have contacted Windermere who have advised me that I can use the SSR numbers as long as they are displayed according to their rules, White on Black 6" High etc.

Would I still need to register at Ferry Nab even though I won't be launching from there?

KTH
Hi KTH, yes you will need to register at ferry nab its £10 and £5 for the numbers
Old 14 September 2010, 10:42   #3
RIBnet supporter

Town: Sheffield
Length: no boat
If you are using SSR numbers there is no need to register again. I confirmed this with the lake wardens this Easter, here is part of their email reply:

"SSR numbers should be displayed in the same way as LDNPA registration numbers. Only the Numeric aspect needs to be displayed the letters do not. The number should be white on a black background font is Helvetica Medium 1 inch stroke and 6 inches high. Numbers are available here at Ferry Nab at a cost of 50p per number."

As you can see they sell numbers stickers but as I wasn't launching at Ferry Nab it was more convenient and saved me time to make some up before on ply boards.

If you do want to check anything they can be contacted on lake.wardens@southlakeland.gov.uk