Old 09 March 2020, 23:29   #1

Town: Central Coast NSW (Syd)
Make: Lianya
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150HP Yamaha
Which Hypalon Glue?

I need to conduct a repair to my ORCA Hypalon inflatable tub on my 5.8mtr RIB. It is a simple repair of a clean rip of about 8 inches (very clean tear).

In the past I have used SC2000 2 part glue (cement) from Rema TipTop industries. It has worked extremely well but mine is black in colour so shows up around the edge of the patches when dry. I know you can get different TipTop coloured glue but just curious if anyone out there may have any other suggestions for a good quality Hypalon Glue brand - I have heard of a glue which allows the application of the glue onto the Hypalon material and then the user can adjust the position of the material (patch) and the glue only cures when a heat is applied to the patch (through use of a hair drier for example) which would be handy for correct placement of the patch especially on awkward positioning of patches on tubes around seams etc.

Any ideas?
Old 10 March 2020, 07:46   #2

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Usual glue is Bostic 2402 2 part adhesive or equivalent contact adhesive. I've not heard of a heat activated glue for hypalon be interesting if you find one.
Maybe email somewhere like polymarine and ask.