Town: Vermilion, Ohio
Boat name: Red Leppelin
Make: Achilles
Length: 4m +
Engine: none...yet
MMSI: What's that?
Where To Find a Bolt On bench Seat With Flip-Down Backrest

Hi Everyone,
Man, this is a great site! I am new at inflatables- had a few fiberglass boats in the past-I have learned a ton of stuff about SIBs. My questions are:
  • Where can I find a bench seat with a flip-down back rest that mounts on the floor, for my inflatable keel w/wood floors? I want to mount a tiny steering console. I am told that I cannot use one designed for RIBS. Why is that? I figured if it does not weigh a ton, the width is within most of the inside of the boat, and the seat is not too high so as to avoid being top-heavy it should be ok. My boat is a 12.5 footer.
  • Is it possible to mount tow wheels on the transom if automatic trim tabs are there too? I am looking at the Lifters brand tabs. They are really wide and long. I figured they would work much better than smaller ones. I presume flip-up type tow wheels are out of the question.
Thanks for all your help.
Old 15 August 2011, 10:32   #2

Town: Vermilion, Ohio
Boat name: Red Leppelin
Make: Achilles
Length: 4m +
Engine: none...yet
MMSI: What's that?
I need to clarify something in my original post. When I mentioned that I want to mount a console I was not told that I could not mount one for a RIB. I was talking about that could not mount a bench seat for a RIB. After I posted my thread I thought that might confuse someone reading that part of what I had written. I am having a fit trying to find a bench seat. I can't understand why, since I did not have a a problem finding on the Web a simple metal pipe-type steering console.