Old 29 May 2023, 06:18   #1

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Raquel
Make: Seago
Length: under 3m
Engine: Johnson 8hp
West sussex SIB

Hi all, just took the plunge and bought myself a SIB boat, its a 2.9 seago with an air deck, paired with a Johnson 8hp and i am really keen to go out with my son Lure fishing in Chichester Harbour or anywhere in west sussex now obviously i want to be safe as i am a SIB virgin and was wondering if there was anyone on here that would show me the ropes a bit, not asking for fishing spots or marks but maybe just someone to come out for a few hours with a bit of experience. Many thanks
Old 30 May 2023, 10:07   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Nowhere near your area now but used to muck about there as a kid in the holidays. Welcome to the forum anyway and hopefully this bump will get others to notice your post.
Old 30 May 2023, 12:47   #3

Town: Sussex
Make: Honda
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 20HP
Hi , I think Chichester harbour is a great place to start off. Within the harbour Bass are protected so at this time of year you cannot fish there for them. You can launch from Itchenor or a marina etc... The current is quite strong in places so just watch that. I would get used to the boat, launching, recovering and have a little zip about to get sorted. You can get a day ( think £5 ) harbour dues sticker to make it legit . When you are ready then think about going out to sea from there. The bar can be rough at certain states of tide/wind and the wake from large boats can be scary..
Old 30 May 2023, 15:42   #4

Thanks for the info, looking into a powerboat training course which has been advised to me with a vhf radio course too. i thought you could fish in the harbour? Catch and release? I fish in certain areas from the shore and thought it would be the same.
Old 30 May 2023, 15:43   #5

Thanks
Old 30 May 2023, 16:55   #6

Town: Sussex
Make: Honda
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 20HP
If you look on the Chi Harbour Conservancy website it is all explained, pretty crazy, from the shore you can catch what you like. Catch and release I believe is OK from a boat. Certainly do the PB1&2, good fun course. The VHF one is good so is the Essential Navigation. This is a bit over the top but its good to know what all the different buoys are for. I fish with my son from there in a 4m Honwave.

Tags
sib