Old 11 February 2021, 08:05   #1

Make: Elling kB 350
Length: 3m +
Unpacking and setting up Elling KB350

I came across this video of someone unboxing and setting up an Elling KB 350. Thought it might be of interest to anyone that’s thinking if buying one. Would love to hear any comments as to if he inflated it correctly.
https://youtu.be/jBM30O1ROl8
Old 11 February 2021, 09:57   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I watched that a few times for reasons that will soon become clear on another thread. It looked like he filled the tube chambers to full pressure one by one rather than doing the sensible part inflate all the way round then a full inflate up to pressure.

He also had trouble fitting the seats... most seats are easier to fit if done before the tubes are fully inflated.

Good to see it has velcro oar holders part way down the tube insides... I don't like oars that only stow on the tube tops as that's where I sit.

I was interested the floor appeared to just sit lodged under the lower grab strap mounts rather than needing strapping down as you do with the Aerotec air floor.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

For me the better (20mins!) Elling video is this one which you can select to display English subtitles which are mostly correct.

Old 11 February 2021, 10:12   #3

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Well I part inflate the tubes, then fit the air floor and inflate, slot in the seats and finish off the tubes. Keel last. He was just excited to get it inflated so pumped up the tubes fully & then found the seats didnt fit, but thats an easy mistake to make. I think this owner lives in the UK, pretty sure I saw a post from him on Facebook or a forum when it arrived.
Old 11 February 2021, 11:07   #4

Make: Elling kB 350
I had a feeling that he may have done it slightly wrong as he had trouble with the seats. I’ll be taking your advice and part inflating first.