Old 31 December 2021, 18:21   #1

Town: Loveland
Boat name: Dynous
Make: Toyo
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Evinrude
Toyo Dynous Floor Stringers

I just picked up a 1991 Toyo Dynous in overall good condition for being 30 years old. It needs a few new handles and a little TLC but holds air and will be great for fishing and diving local lakes. It has a wooden floor with an aluminum frame and the boat didn't come with floor stringers. I haven't been able to locate any that might fit. The rear piece of the floor has a small section of stringer permanently installed so I have a good profile view of what it should look like. What are some options for making my own stringers (pictures help if you have them)? I plan on not leaving it inflated all year and will break it down often for transport so permanently installed stringers is not an option. Here are a few pics of the boat and side view of the floor. Also, there is very little info out there on these boats other than they were made in the 90's and are Haphalon, any other information would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2055.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	139486   Click image for larger version

Name:	2057.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	139487   Click image for larger version

Name:	843.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	139488  
Old 01 January 2022, 12:17   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
The Toyo tyre co is well known in the UK but I've never heard of one of their SIBs over this side of the pond so can't help re the brand/design. However missing stringers often comes up and my advice is to have a woodworking machine shop make some. Either to the profile you have or they can be more rounded and still work... i.e. you can just machine a quarter out of the circle if considering a section through the wood if that makes sense. Consider the wood carefully... a hardwood with a degree of flex is ideal.
Old 01 January 2022, 12:36   #3

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
https://shop.inflatableboatparts.com...s-part-c342gy/

Try these or defender.com good luck
Old 01 January 2022, 14:24   #4

Thanks Fenlander, that makes sense, if making out of wood is it better to have a couple of short ones (spanning the joints) on each side or one long one that spans the length of the floor?

jeffstevens763@g That link to Inflatable Boat Parts doesn't work. Which part is it?
Old 01 January 2022, 15:33   #5

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Often stringers in anything other than the smaller SIBs would be two per side.
Old 01 January 2022, 16:46   #6

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRino View Post
Thanks Fenlander, that makes sense, if making out of wood is it better to have a couple of short ones (spanning the joints) on each side or one long one that spans the length of the floor?

jeffstevens763@g That link to Inflatable Boat Parts doesn't work. Which part is it?
Hi mate I noticed the valve fits the Toyo boats so worth a contact you never know, same with defender I don’t imagine stringers are that different if they fit the floor thickness just worth a try
Old 01 January 2022, 19:03   #7

Thank you both, yes I have found the same valve is still used and I can get replacements I think they are used on the Achilles SIB's. The floor board side shape is a lot different than what is used now and a lot thicker. The floor side is about 18mm thick. I have been trying to find one that looks close but haven't found one yet. Closest is this one from Defender but I am not sure that the 1/2 round of my floor would fit right. I might just have to order and if they don't fit pay for the shipping back, or maybe I can modify them to fit. If not I like the wood round idea and route out the floor edge shape.

https://www.defender.com/product3.js...5896&id=365895