Old 28 November 2020, 15:34   #41

Town: Chelmsford
Length: 4m +
If you pump up a few lemonade bottles (They can hold a huge amount of pressure) to a massive PSI I am sure you could use them as some form of jet power
Old 28 November 2020, 22:12   #42

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Good video Donny, looks like you had a lovely relaxing day.
Old 24 December 2020, 08:02   #43

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Wishing you all a Merry Xmas and I hope Santa is good to you.

He arrive a couple of days early at my house as I wanted to try out the sails he was bringing me before boxing day in case our nippy FM puts a total travel ban over Scotland. I will add the video once its done.

My wee F Rib has evolved nicely over the past few months ... proving small inflatable boats can be very versatile and row, sail, and motor well.. assuming you are willing to put in a bit of effort.

MERRRY XMAS from Donny
Old 24 December 2020, 08:06   #44

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Merry Christmas to you too Donny.

The sails look good, very "Topper'ish", look forward to seeing the video.
Old 24 December 2020, 08:14   #45

You got it in a one’er Steve. Its the 4.2m Topper Sail with the top lopped off to make the jib.

She is also a motor sailor now ..so when the wind dies or coming straight down the loch.. the noisy IC engine takes over. Im delighted the way its turned out and looking forward to some long multi day summer trips in her

Old 24 December 2020, 10:30   #46

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Yes Christmas wished to you and yours Donny. This has been the first year in decades where my boating activity has been limited to posting here and setting up in the garden to give it all an airing. Have much enjoyed all your recent activities and videos even if I've not commented as such. Take care and enjoy it all the best rules and the FM allow.
Old 24 December 2020, 11:18   #47

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
looking good Donny lets hope we can all get on the water next season, retirement for me early in the new year Feb time so will need to fill the time in for sure.

all the best to everyone stay safe.

cheers Jeff
Old 24 December 2020, 15:21   #48

Well done Donny. I have your last Video to watch that me and her are saving for tonight with a mulled wine. Your sails look amazing. Looking forward to the next instalment as always
Old 26 December 2020, 13:16   #49

Good to hear for you Fenlander and I hope you had a great Xmas. Im sorry to hear you didn’t get boating much and sympathise with your issues. I think I have been there in the past and know how difficult a time it can be.

Jeff..hope we can get round a few island next year.. now you are retired.. we can head off at short notice when weather looks good.

Smallribber..hope you mull over this latest video too.. its the result of the latest lockdown’s experiments. Perhaps now .. next on my purchase list is a Mini 2 drone ?

As promised ..here is the final incarnation of my trails at sailing the small F Rib inflatable. It still all fits inside my car and has proved itself to be a very versatile boat. How does she sail ? Watch the video to find out.

Have a great New Year when it comes everyone..and I hope its a healthy one full of boating adventures
Old 26 December 2020, 15:52   #50

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Just watched it on TV...excellent modification Mate!!
Even Got a wake going when the wind picked up!!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 08:12   #51

I am now wondering if a similar set up could be made for the Honwave T38ie. There would of course be the issues with the floor and now to make a solid platform for the mast. I think it would be doable however with some thought. I am also wondering if with the extra length of the T38ie it might make it sail better or worse. Also maybee with the extra size and weight a slightly taller sail would be good.

I also think it might be possible to fix a SS Bracket to the front seat to pass the mast through before it locates into a piece of receiving wood on the blow up floor. This has got me thinking now
Old 27 December 2020, 08:18   #52

Donny

Lovely video by the way and if you do get the DJI Mini 2 I am sure you will love the addition it will bring to your videos. Go for the Fly more combo and dont even think about the Mavic Mini 1 it is not good in the wind compared to the Mini 2
Old 27 December 2020, 15:34   #53

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Hi Donny nice couple of video's and for bad news all drones from next year will have to be registered with the caa and a small fee every 12 months this is just the start plans are they want you to take a test and mini flying course every second year just to keep them there will be some kind of software that will probably stop you from flying them unless you can provide the correct information we are surely and slowly being turned into a government state.all the best HH
Old 27 December 2020, 16:12   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Haggis View Post
Hi Donny nice couple of video's and for bad news all drones from next year will have to be registered with the caa and a small fee every 12 months this is just the start plans are they want you to take a test and mini flying course every second year just to keep them there will be some kind of software that will probably stop you from flying them unless you can provide the correct information we are surely and slowly being turned into a government state.all the best HH
A lot of fake news there I am afraid and a lot about.

Yes Register £9 a year and incredibly easy.
Required Test is done on line and takes a very short time.

I have about 16 Drones have been flying them for about 12 years so know a little about them

Lets try not to poison Donny's thread with Drone debate
Old 27 December 2020, 19:04   #55
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Haggis View Post
Fiends! Next thing will be they'll want money for a licence to own a dog or a TV, drive a car or use a VHF. Cheer up though - you'll feel much happier once you've had your shot of microchips vaccine
Old 27 December 2020, 20:33   #56

Hi guys... Its been a few years now but I regularly paid around £50 per year to the SAA (Scottish Aero modellers Association)and the local club to fly aeroplanes. I fully agree with all the new laws as too many think it ok to fly drones only a few meters from folks faces. Over the years, I have seen some bad injuries to hands with propellers cutting deep into flesh and that was in controlled club situations. I also had to sit tests to prove I could fly safely and that was 15-20 years ago...so there is nothing new there

Possibly what stops me getting a drone is my experience of “what goes up..must come down” and I know that it is not always controlled. Im reluctant to throw money away as I like to get value for the little I have. Hence the prototype sails and leeboards before spending good money. If I did get a drone.. I think would also rejoin the SAA so Im under their umbrella again .

For info only.. sails are not flat ..they are aerodynamically shaped, like an aeroplane wing and the leeboard position is like finding the C of G of a model aeroplane .. it has to “balance” the force on the sails for it to perform well .. but all that info is easily researched on the internet.. but personally, I take a lot of advice on forums with a pinch of salt .. simply because it is often misleading
Old 28 December 2020, 07:35   #57

Now Donny that is a lovely Picture. I think I even recognise that 35 Meg Transmitter.

I used to fly RC a lot and finished up with over 250 Planes from small park flyers to Turbine jets. My eyes are not as good as they used to be so dont fly much now except the drones that almost fly them selves.

The Insurance I get and the Support from the BMFA I get is well worth the annual fee I pay them. I suspect it is same from the SAA.

Although I am from the other side of the wall and would of course have been on the side of Edward 2nd when you kicked our bottoms out. I am in constant ore of Scotlands laws to do with access to land and the right to roam etc. I wish my lot could take a leaf out of your books in this regard. Mind you I also think that your first Ministers hair some times looks like a hat as it never seems to move
Old 28 December 2020, 09:18   #58
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
Mind you I also think that your first Ministers hair some times looks like a hat as it never seems to move
Cheers.

Henceforth, I shall refer to her as "Bunnet Heid"...
Old 28 December 2020, 21:02   #59

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Cheers.

..although I had settled on ..."The Scurge"
...She does Love a good Drone though!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 07:33   #60

Town: Dunblane
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Cheers.

Its clearly a requirement of the job. Arlene Foster has much the same impact resistant style head gear, inflexible and uncompromising folicles!.

But cleary Boris and Trump take it to another level of hair style buffoonery

Tags
sib