Old 18 April 2011, 10:06   #1

Town: tonbridge
Make: excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: honda 8
sib launching in south east

I have an Excel 3.3m with Honda 8, 4 stroke,very pleased with it.Been up and down Medway in it and a few trips from the beaches at Normans bay and Winchelsea.Any recommendations please for good launch spots from north kent round to Brighton.
Old 18 April 2011, 14:35   #2

Town: Sevenoaks
Make: Excel
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 25hp
I have a very similar set up to you, Excel 365 and Honda 10hp 4 stroke, and have also done the Medway on many occassions.

If you are looking for a place to launch on the sea, a trip down to Sandwich is worth it. You can either launch at the small slipway in the town and take a gentle cruise down the river and out to sea, and then go either right, down to Sandwich Bay and beyond to Deal etc. or go left up towards Broadstairs and beyond, may be landing at Botany Bay. Or, you can launch at Sandwich Bay, just park up in the dunes and carry down to the water, if you do this I suggest you go as far down the end, left as you arrive at the seafront, as possible, as that will be the closest to the sea.

You are very likely to sea some seals in the estuary area and as you start to go up the river, very nice.
Old 18 April 2011, 16:57   #3

Town: tonbridge
Make: excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: honda 8
s.east launch

cheers xp dude,i'll definitely give that a go.Off to Hastings tomorrow hopefully to catch some mackerel and/or bass.main problems i've found is the fairly steep climb up the shingle bank pretty much right along coast from winchelsea to pevensey bay.i've got a Rooteq outboard trolley which helps but at some point theres always a bit of awkward manhandling of the motor.only been doing this boating thing 10 months since selling my motorbike and i think its brilliant.not too many posts about excel boats on here so far or pics and vids,perhaps we should be the first.
Old 18 April 2011, 19:53   #4

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
If you got public liability insurance 3rd party,apply to Thanet council for a key and you will beable to go off minnis bay,some cracking fishing with skate n hounds.
Old 18 April 2011, 21:11   #5

Town: Herne Bay
Boat name: Red May
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp Honda 4 Stroke
MMSI: Is quite long
Send a message via Skype™ to actions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts View Post
I have an Excel 3.3m with Honda 8, 4 stroke,very pleased with it.Been up and down Medway in it and a few trips from the beaches at Normans bay and Winchelsea.Any recommendations please for good launch spots from north kent round to Brighton.
Herne Bay, has three good slips, one at Hampton for two hours either side of high water, although with a sib you can have longer as i used to walk my previous SIB out at low water and its free parking.

The main town slipway has a protected harbour and its wide enough to launch 3 to 4 boats in a row and is good for tide 3 to 4 hours either side of high water and if you miss the high water you can get out on the smaller slip at all tides apart from a spring one. The smaller one is located on the right of the car park. Only trouble is its now £10 for car and trailer, but if you sibs in a boot and you only have your car its only a few quid.