Old 11 June 2017, 19:21   #1

Town: northampton
Make: zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 stroke
Recommended boat repairer

Some help required if someone can please I am looking for a recommended company who can repair my zodiac Futura, previously I have used "safe to shore" near Poole who did a good job on my yam but its a 350 mile round trip for me as I'm situated in Northamptonshire, the boat at the moment will only stay inflated for a short time before going very soft, I do not want to deflate it completely and fold it up as feel it will cause even more seams to pull apart so can anyone recommend a repairer closer to me, also I am unsure whether to try and do a diy temp repair so it stays inflated to get it to the repairer on the trailer, thoughts anyone ?.
Old 11 June 2017, 19:40   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
If going pro leave as is, you're only creating more hassle and work for the pro = £'s.
Old 11 June 2017, 20:08   #3

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
Central Marine Services 63 miles from NORTHAMPTON, but I don't know where you are in the county. I bought a new Zodiac from them. They are agents. They gave me good service. I believe they do big and small jobs on RIBs and SIBs. Worth a call.
Old 11 June 2017, 20:41   #4

Thanks for the advice guys, just don't know how I'm going to keep a deflating boat secured to a trailer to get it to them, unless I hire a long wheelbase van? but don't want to increase the costs anymore as the boss is not happy with the whole situation " you just spent all that money on YOUR boat and you still have to spend more" told her its the joys of boat ownership!
Old 12 June 2017, 17:49   #5

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
Central Marine Services 63 miles from NORTHAMPTON, but I don't know where you are in the county. I bought a new Zodiac from them. They are agents. They gave me good service. I believe they do big and small jobs on RIBs and SIBs. Worth a call.
+1 good service
Old 12 June 2017, 21:24   #6

Town: Leicester
Make: zodiac MK2 GR
Engine: outboard
Northampton to Derby will be approx 1hr trip, if the boat won't stay inflated that long then it's got serious problems. You say you don't want to deflate and roll up because more seams might come apart, if they are that bad then they need to come apart and be re glued so you're not saving anything by keeping them together and inflated, just putting off the inevitable.
Old 13 June 2017, 08:51   #7

Town: Chorley, Lancs
Length: no boat
Are the seams failing, or are you just worried they will when the boat is rolled up?

Post pictures of the problems, there are plenty of experienced people on here who could give advice before you go to the expense of taking it to a repairer.
Old 14 June 2017, 13:24   #8

You are quite right I am putting off the inevitable by hoping that not deflating and rolling up will somehow help so after talking to a couple of repairers they have said the same and the damage is done so just roll it up and drop it off for a quote.
Talked to central marine services they were very helpful but just too busy to do anything for weeks so have talked to safe 2 shore in Dorset who I have used in the past and they can go through in in a couple of weeks he didn't sound too alarmed when I listed all the issues "just how old zodiacs are" he said.
Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Tags
repair