Town: york
Boat name: donut
Make: quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.9hp yamaha OB
quicksilver side joners

Hi all,

New to the forum so a big hello.

I joined mainly to pick the brains of the members here as im a little stumped.

As a toy for camping trips and the like i bought an older quicksilver QS330 dinghy. Mid to late nineties i think. Easy to just stuff in the boot without having to tow the searider all over the place when we dont know about acces to slipways.

All good untill i try and put it together when i get it home and it dawns that it's missing the side joiners than make the floor rigid and the alloy 'H' piece that joins the bow section boards. As i was an ebay buy the seller appears to have no clue as "didnt get any with the boat mate!" was the answer (typical and yup, i sould have looked when i collected it! DOH!).

Has anyone got a clue where to aquire these bits or other manufatures that may fit. Or at a push is there a way to fabricate what i need with relative ease (and basic tools).

thankyou in advance.

Simon.
Old 13 August 2012, 15:29   #2

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Hi Simon,

Used to have same model years back as a starter sib, very nice and well made inflatable, don't remenber if it has wooden or alum side joiners, but remember having plastic H stringers. Probably Zodiac plastic stringers could match, depending if both brands floors happen to have same thickness ?

Side joiners now a days are all alum, the issue is who sells spare side joiners ? Have lots of spares but unfortunately thousand of miles away. Will check later interior groove to see if modern ones will match your wooden panel floors.

You could contact Defender USA, they usually carry lots of spares parts for inflatables. Seems seller have washed his hands as Pilatus did. All boats when new comes factory delivered with stringers and side joiners.

Happy Sibbing
Old 13 August 2012, 21:45   #3

Town: Oakland CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe1976 View Post
All good untill i try and put it together when i get it home and it dawns that it's missing the side joiners than make the floor rigid and the alloy 'H' piece that joins the bow section boards.
I'd make the side pieces out of varnished oak, and the floor grooves (as in tongue and groove) out of bolted up 1/8" aluminum or stainless bar stock.

Shouldn't take more than half a day to knock out all the pieces you need (aside from the varnishing.)

jky
Old 13 August 2012, 22:46   #4

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki

I'd make the side pieces out of varnished oak, and the floor grooves (as in tongue and groove) out of bolted up 1/8" aluminum or stainless bar stock.

Shouldn't take more than half a day to knock out all the pieces you need (aside from the varnishing.)

jky
I agree, it's just cost us £180 for a set to suit a Quicksilver 380HD which came in with them missing too

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 14 August 2012, 07:25   #5

sounds daft but last night i was thinking about the floor/ weight and hassle of putting it all together, taking it all apart.

could i use an airdeck instead? is there any companies selling them on their own?
Old 14 August 2012, 07:44   #6

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
not sure it would work but even if it did the list price of the air deck floor is over £200 alone so it's not really worth considering.

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 14 August 2012, 08:25   #7

Thats a fair point. the whole rig including 9.9hp yam only cost £650 so not worth spending loads on.

looks like i'm gonna have to get creative with the power tools!!!

thanks for the help though.