Old 09 January 2016, 10:13   #21

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
I will go with Fenlander..it should be fine in waves up to 2m tall..and I don’t think you will go out in those conditions often anyhoo. ? I have with my boat..and it may even handle 3 meter high waves ? ..but my head and stomach certainly wouldn’t...and I hope I never need to try it

So the ratings are tongue in cheek..so to speak.

My seago slat floor is CAT D.. which by definition is waves around 1ft high. It can handle waves around 2ft high.. then they tend to come over the sides if breaking.. so I land as soon as white horses appear...I don’t like getting wet. That wont happen with the Prowave 3.8 in two foot high waves.

The Gurnard SIB is CAT C.. as mentioned .. I have no problems with it in any sea that I want to go in..and I would suspect the Prowave is similar.. it certainly didn’t finch in seas approaching 2m high when I was with it.

I now recall Blootac mentioning Prowave went bust..and possibly because of a divorcesplitting the company ..so thats why you cant access the web site..its gone.

Inshore coastal estuary ?.. it means nothing .. Firth of Clyde ..cant get closer inshore ..I wouldn’t be there in a B rated boat at times.

Im sure we have all seen the mighty ocean..flat calm too.. I did ..but not last year..hope this year is better

But of course..I cant comment on the strength of materials used..

Blootac was certainly happy with his...and had no problems going round Lismore in wild conditions .. 30 mile journey too..although it was calmer when we started.
Old 09 January 2016, 16:38   #22

Town: Winchburgh west Lothian
Boat name: Papa Bear V1
Make: Humber 5.3 Ataque
Length: 5m +
Engine: 40 Mercury four stro
RIBase
Thanks for all your input guys,just need to get it bought and collected now,it's a long way from here to Norfolk....lol
Old 09 January 2016, 16:49   #23

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
If in doubt..keep an eye on Gumtree.. I have seen the odd Honwave for sale second hand..and up this way. Have not looked for a while though.

How much fuel cost..to get it..add that to price..does it come near a new honwave ?
Old 10 January 2016, 13:42   #24

Town: Cambridge
Boat name: SIBylle
Make: Honda Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF20
MMSI: 235915576
Interesting to see that (a) it does look remarkably similar to a Honwave T38 and (b) the floor pressure is hugely lower than same Honwave at 0.35 vs 0.8 bar on the Honwave. With bigger engines wonder if that affects cavitation or anything else?