Old 15 July 2011, 15:36   #1

Town: Blackpool
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15fmh
Not Another Aerotec Owner!

Yes I'm afraid so.

Many thanks to Peter on here (Boats&Outboards) for finding it for me. Great service. I asked on the offchance if he knew of one for sale, which he did. He checked it out, bought it and then sent it to me from Cornwall.

So if you are after a rib/sib/engine etc maybe he might be able to help. Good Aerotecs are hard to come by or expensive as I am sure those of you looking for one know. This one looks like a good un. Not the cheapest but as others have found, if it's cheap there is a reason for it! Having said that it has been blown up for about 4 hours and it appears to be airtight!

Bit worried about these in general now though as others appear to be having lots of problems with the floors. I'm sure they are in the minority and generally the Aerotecs are robust for what they are used for. Sure I will have many questions in the coming days and weeks. Just for now though-

The floors appear to leak around the area they touch the transom. I assume it is due to them rubbing against each other. Would anyone recommend that a barrier is put here such as foam etc? Or just leave it as something else not intended to be there may cause issues?

Can't wait to use it but the forcast up north is for wind and rain. OK for me but the rest of the team might not be so keen.
Old 15 July 2011, 15:51   #2

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Peter sounds a good bloke!! very proactive.... they are great fun with the right engine
Old 15 July 2011, 16:01   #3

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Many thanks Matt and I'm glad your happy. Sorry to say the price was fixed by the owner which left very little margin for me and any discount for you!.

Still I think the £100 I got was good value considering I travelled 2 hours, inflated/deflated twice, packaged for delivery, waited all day for courier etc - bargain, happy to help.

Enjoy!
Old 15 July 2011, 16:07   #4

Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Length: 4m +
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
the only thing i would say after having the 420 and now owning 2 380`s one of which is mint the other is on here for repair watch out for the seat nuts going through the tubes my 420 went back to bombard for this and came back with rubber strake on the bottom web to prevent it going all the way through even my mint one has slight marks but this latest one well i have put picys below
the bumpier the seas the more likely it is dave chapman at barnet marine told me some had actually burst there tube but he did weigh a lot!!

i am going to be gluing the rubber strake on both these boats
anyone know if the 2 part pvc glue is suitable for rubber to pvc or what glue is best
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7151260.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	60859   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7151262.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	60860  
Old 15 July 2011, 16:09   #5

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Matts came with new seat and bolts etc so hopefully he'll be ok on that front.