Old 06 April 2009, 15:54   #1

Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
new seat supports for MK2 zodiac, big smile

Well, I finally got around to replacing the track based seat supports on my zodiac, didn't like the track wear I was experiencing. Haven't had any issues with flexing or cracking yet... but will keep an eye on it and see if I need to add a base plate over the floor top sheet to help distribute the load. The support is bolted to backing plates in the hollow floor sections. The c section needed an added aluminum piece for strength so i cut off the base of an I beam shaped extrusion and bolted it on. More rigid than adding a flat plate. Those $80 US blue tractor seats have 6 inches of travel! Put wifey in charge and went out to shoot a reference photo of the Californian for my illustrator, soon to be a sketched shirt design. Wifey has never been that comfortable at the helm and has recently given me some grief for working on my boat too much. Her stint as Capt worked out great except for the part where she swerved while I was seated backwards and almost rolled me right out of the boat just in front of the sailing vessel. The up close head on wide angle shot of the vessel didn't work out well due to distortion anyways, but it was exciting! Now she is motivated for more than just sunny bay cruise excursions. Will I ever get to drive again?

One side of the new seat support in place on the flooring section

Capt wifey

The Californian reference shot