Old 11 August 2018, 17:54   #1

Length: 3m +
New Honwave valves leak when inflating

HI all as post says, i am trying to inflate my honwave T38 but i find when the pump is attached any movement in the connector and it lets air back out the side of the adapter, this happens with the OEM pump that comes with the hon wave, which is great news when you are loosing air every time your foot goes down

When looking at the OEM adapter it looks rather thin inside diameter compared to the other Hawkey Roberts connector.

The Electric pump has a much better fit and doesn't leak. However the electric pump seems to be under pressured compared to the Honwave gauge and i am trying to finish off by foot. I cannot Get the Pump to reach its target 0.8 on the airdeck. ( Pump goes up to 0.82 Bar.

Is this normal :/

Regards
Old 11 August 2018, 20:41   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Just seen your PM. My Honwave pump was fine re leaks but it was the alloy floor model so no need to pump up to high pressure of the air floor types.

You can get different thickness sealing washers for the valve attachment and seems you could go to a thicker one... not that you should have to on a new boat. I'd ask the selling dealer their advice.

See this with a thicker cork washer and a thinner rubber washer...

http://seamarknunn.com/acatalog/halk...ptor-3606.html
Old 11 August 2018, 21:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Just seen your PM. My Honwave pump was fine re leaks but it was the alloy floor model so no need to pump up to high pressure of the air floor types.

You can get different thickness sealing washers for the valve attachment and seems you could go to a thicker one... not that you should have to on a new boat. I'd ask the selling dealer their advice.

See this with a thicker cork washer and a thinner rubber washer...

Halkey Roberts Inflater Adaptor 16mm and 21mm

This will be the route i go down, i will chat to my seller when they are open on Monday. Thank you as always Fenlander.

Regards