Old 09 July 2020, 18:09   #21

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>>It's raining here at the moment which means I probably won't get a chance to check the boat inflated until Saturday

If wet it is traditional that you inflate in the living room and upload a picture!
Old 09 July 2020, 19:52   #22

Town: Eastbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
>>>It's raining here at the moment which means I probably won't get a chance to check the boat inflated until Saturday

If wet it is traditional that you inflate in the living room and upload a picture!

Yep , the first inflation needs to be indoors ! We had dinner in ours on its first night.....
Old 09 July 2020, 20:08   #23

Town: W Midlands
Make: C-Fury Patrol
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F 50
Quote:
That makes perfect sense to me, unfortunately it won't fit, I've done a lot of measuring this afternoon and not enough space or it would be fully inflated and sat in by now, or at least half inflated as I've only got the foot pump at the moment.
Old 09 July 2020, 20:13   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsurfer View Post
Yep , the first inflation needs to be indoors ! We had dinner in ours on its first night.....
That made me laugh Windsurfer, it seems big enough to have people round for dinner too.

I wish I had the space, it's still in my van waiting for a dry spell which is a bit odd when I say it out loud as it's not a particularly at risk from a bit of rain!
Old 10 July 2020, 18:50   #25

Town: Eastbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung at Heart View Post
That made me laugh Windsurfer, it seems big enough to have people round for dinner too.

I wish I had the space, it's still in my van waiting for a dry spell which is a bit odd when I say it out loud as it's not a particularly at risk from a bit of rain!

Yes definitely worth a few test runs with the setting up before you go out for the first time, every time will get faster so don’t gauge it off your first set up time etc
Although I’ve ended up with mine on a trailer but part of that reason is so I can carry other Watersports kit in the boat and still have room in the van.
Old 10 July 2020, 19:58   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsurfer View Post
Yes definitely worth a few test runs with the setting up before you go out for the first time, every time will get faster so don’t gauge it off your first set up time etc
Thanks for the tip Windsurfer, I'm hopefully have time next week to do that and once I have a sense of the boat I will take a trip on the local river (dull as dishwater at 4 knots) with a view to a longer trip further afield maybe next weekend.

I've never taken a boat on the sea, i'm not sure whether to wait until I've done a PB2 and been out with other boats to the get some advice/tips/ experience or just to find somewhere that is as safe as the sea can be when conditions are good and trying it out.

Not sure whether that would be foolish with no previous coastal experience?
Old 12 July 2020, 16:13   #27

Hi juju, well done on the purchase, let us know how you get on with the honwave!
Cheers
Old 19 July 2020, 13:15   #28

New T38-ie2 Honwave Pics

Finally got the new Honwave T38-IE2 inflated yesterday evening, it all looks good to me, there are a few small marks on it but to be expected as it was unpacked to have the wheels fixings attached.

Looking forward to getting it on to some water soon although I've got to get a couple of rearming kits for the life jackets as I didn't remove the cylinders when they were last stored and they've inflated! I'm wondering whether to buy new jackets with the Hammar inflation system or save some money and rearm with Halkey Roberts and hope they don't inflate when I get splashed, any views based on experience gratefully received? I may be over thinking this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200718_173210_resized_20200718_081255782.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	134293   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200718_173520_resized_20200718_081255380.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	134294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200718_173535_resized_20200718_081254976.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	134295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200718_173128_resized_20200718_081209303.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	134296  
Old 19 July 2020, 13:42   #29

From your images that one looks straight enough.... hope it suits re space/performance once it's on the water.

I use a 70N touring kayak style buoyancy aid... I am content with that for the waters and situations we find ourselves in. Wife has a 150N auto inflate and in 15years hasn't suffered any accidental inflation. But last year I fell over backwards at the slipway in 3ft water so had I been wearing an auto-inflate there would have been great comedy value for the bystanders.
Old 19 July 2020, 13:56   #30

Yes, It seems well made, straight and no obvious flaws, I'm hopeful that it's the right boat and will report back once I've had time to play.

We've been unfortunate with out auto inflate jackets, if we left them on our river cruiser for too long the salt would get damp and they would inflate which was frustrating and costly.

I will follow your lead Fenlander on life jackets for using with the SIB, my imagination is I will stop off for a swim with my kids along the coast and a buoyancy aid will be come in handy so I may as well wear one instead of an automatic life jacket.

Thanks for your knowledge.
Old 19 July 2020, 14:08   #31

Re the BA it is a personal choice so I'd never argue that my choice was right for everyone or every circumstance. But here is what I have... nominally a 50N but actually a 70N in my size. The gadget boy pockets are very useful.

Posts 30 & 31 on this thread...

https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/100n-l...pfd-75045.html
Old 19 July 2020, 14:11   #32

This...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Palm BA kit.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	134297  
Old 19 July 2020, 14:25   #33

Quote:
Re the BA it is a personal choice so I'd never argue that my choice was right for everyone or every circumstance.
Thanks, it looks just the job, and i'm definitely in favour of anything that helps to limit the extent of the entertainment for onlookers if (when) i take a tumble in to the water at the slipway.