Old 06 June 2010, 08:54   #1

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
My Sib to Heavy

Well after some deep thinking ,my 4m sib is darn to heavy,as i don t drive i rely on other's and mates to take me,and i have been getting out a fair bit so can t grumble,the 2.7 i have is just to small,we have fun catching in it, but i wanted somthing bigger,the problem is the alloy floor ,makes the boat real heavy,i did mess about with a wood floor but just had enough now,its best with its own floor,i was wondering what a PVC,YES I KNOW WON T BE AS GOOD QUALITY,but something 3.5 wood floor be easier for 2 or 3 to handle?i would be prepared for a straight swap ,and who ever swapped would be getting a real bargain with this sib any one not to far from me and intrested.
Old 06 June 2010, 10:12   #2

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Well after some deep thinking ,my 4m sib is darn to heavy,as i don t drive i rely on other's and mates to take me,and i have been getting out a fair bit so can t grumble,the 2.7 i have is just to small,we have fun catching in it, but i wanted somthing bigger,the problem is the alloy floor ,makes the boat real heavy,i did mess about with a wood floor but just had enough now,its best with its own floor,i was wondering what a PVC,YES I KNOW WON T BE AS GOOD QUALITY,but something 3.5 wood floor be easier for 2 or 3 to handle?i would be prepared for a straight swap ,and who ever swapped would be getting a real bargain with this sib any one not to far from me and intrested.
I had a Honda IE3.8 air floor - could handle that by myself. But its the engine that makes the rig heavy. Had a 20Hp Honda - could just about launch and recover on a fairly steep slip myself. Thats with a road trailer - If I used the launching wheels it was even lighter.
Old 06 June 2010, 11:51   #3

Town: North East
Boat name: Sarah Louise
Make: Honwave T38IE
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 Yamaha, 8 Mariner
Sorry to hear that Thorny, hope you get something sorted.
I have gone from originaly putting the boat in my boot after each trip to having to have a boat trailer.
Cheers,
Geoff
Old 06 June 2010, 12:59   #4

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_Jubb View Post
Sorry to hear that Thorny, hope you get something sorted.
I have gone from originaly putting the boat in my boot after each trip to having to have a boat trailer.
Cheers,
Geoff
Yeh is a shame Geoff,its so heavy and thats with out an engine on,i just want a bigger one which will still fit in a car,that be ideal ,most mates got cars and vans,no tow bars,got some intrest off her from someone on WSF,fingers crossed,not been out on yours yet then mate?
Old 06 June 2010, 13:11   #5

Town: North East
Boat name: Sarah Louise
Make: Honwave T38IE
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 Yamaha, 8 Mariner
yeah mate, see my thread.
Geoff