Old 21 May 2009, 21:25   #1

Town: Sliema - Malta
Make: Bat Grifo 2000
Length: 4m +
Engine: Susuki DF50
my sib!!

Hello all, its chris from Malta here!!

Few weeks ago got myself a used suzumar 320al sib. Was hesitant if I should buy it since suzmar sibs are mentioned only a few times in here, but at 400euro it was worth a shot. It seems to be in good nick, no patches, for sure it needs a good clean up. (Bought speed clean by aurora)

Also decided I need a trailer since I’m not willing to stay inflating and deflating the sib in the scorching 35 degree heat!! I’m in the process of building one myself, half way
The sib is also fitted with a set of dolly launching wheels, they should be fine since I will use them on tarmac. I also attached a panoramic pic of the bay I will use for launching....
Need some help from you guys.... I bought a double action pump with a manometer..... After having to buy the air fitting valve (thanks ribshop) managed to inflate the sib, I must say that it does its job well, now I have no idea how to use the manometer... I can’t leave it attached to the pump while inflating cause then the pump wouldn’t work, tried also attaching it to the Halkey-Roberts valves I have, but it doesn’t fit in.....any tips? I would like to know if I’m inflating the sib to the correctly pressure.

Ordered a Suzuki DF 9.9 4 stroke short shaft, now I just can’t wait to get on the water for some action!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4158.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	42695   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4163.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	42696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4166.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	42697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4173.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	42698   Click image for larger version

Name:	455244103_b85e61a5fc_b.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	42699  

Old 21 May 2009, 21:29   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floody View Post
I have no idea how to use the manometer... I can’t leave it attached to the pump while inflating cause then the pump wouldn’t work
Looks to me like you should leave it attached and read the pressure as you are pumping. What happens when you try?
Old 21 May 2009, 21:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Looks to me like you should leave it attached and read the pressure as you are pumping. What happens when you try?
the pump jams...cant push the handle downwards...
Old 21 May 2009, 21:41   #4

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Hello all, its chris from Malta here!!

Few weeks ago got myself a used suzumar 320al sib. Was hesitant if I should buy it since suzmar sibs are mentioned only a few times in here, but at 400euro it was worth a shot. It seems to be in good nick, no patches, for sure it needs a good clean up. (Bought speed clean by aurora)

Also decided I need a trailer since I’m not willing to stay inflating and deflating the sib in the scorching 35 degree heat!! I’m in the process of building one myself, half way
The sib is also fitted with a set of dolly launching wheels, they should be fine since I will use them on tarmac. I also attached a panoramic pic of the bay I will use for launching....
Need some help from you guys.... I bought a double action pump with a manometer..... After having to buy the air fitting valve (thanks ribshop) managed to inflate the sib, I must say that it does its job well, now I have no idea how to use the manometer... I can’t leave it attached to the pump while inflating cause then the pump wouldn’t work, tried also attaching it to the Halkey-Roberts valves I have, but it doesn’t fit in.....any tips? I would like to know if I’m inflating the sib to the correctly pressure.

Ordered a Suzuki DF 9.9 4 stroke short shaft, now I just can’t wait to get on the water for some action!!
Wow what a beutifull place to launch ,looks a nice set up ,can t help you on the pump issue ,you say you are launching on tarmac ,looks a very sandy beach ,i no expert but if you gonna do different states of tides ,dolly wheels ,i just don t rate em ,sink in sand ,hopeless in shingle with a weighty o/b,some might not agree ,but again loverly sib
Old 21 May 2009, 21:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Wow what a beutifull place to launch ,looks a nice set up ,can t help you on the pump issue ,you say you are launching on tarmac ,looks a very sandy beach ,i no expert but if you gonna do different states of tides ,dolly wheels ,i just don t rate em ,sink in sand ,hopeless in shingle with a weighty o/b,some might not agree ,but again loverly sib
cheers mate,,,,, i will use the slipway and avoid the sand!
perfect place to lauch, the car will only be parked few meters from the sea...
Old 21 May 2009, 21:54   #6

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
cheers mate,,,,, i will use the slipway and avoid the sand!
perfect place to lauch, the car will only be parked few meters from the sea...
Good luck fella you will have loads of fun,,,,,,,,,go for it
Old 26 May 2009, 06:29   #7

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Engine: Mariner 15
Mistra bay then very nice, the manometer has to stay on the pump so that you can read the pressure as you pump can't understand why the pressure gauge should cause the pump to jam try asking a local chandler. Have you got pressure release valves? as the temperature changes from morning to mid afternoon can cause quite large changes in pressure inside the tubes.

Stayed at Golden Bay many years ago (before the Radisson development) do you still have the little buses? or has health and safety taken over in Malta too.
Old 27 May 2009, 07:51   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
Mistra bay then very nice, the manometer has to stay on the pump so that you can read the pressure as you pump can't understand why the pressure gauge should cause the pump to jam try asking a local chandler. Have you got pressure release valves? as the temperature changes from morning to mid afternoon can cause quite large changes in pressure inside the tubes.

Stayed at Golden Bay many years ago (before the Radisson development) do you still have the little buses? or has health and safety taken over in Malta too.
-------

seems you have visited the rock some time ago in malta we still use the typical maltese yellow bus! excellent cheap service!! golden bay is lovely and the golden sands resort is the best on the island, its really nice hotel! if you plan to come again let me know for some tips

i still didnt get the hang of the manometer, also tried to stick it to the valve inside the sib and it doesnt even fit....maybe i need an adaptor!

what do you use to know at how much pressure your sib is inflated ??

thanks
Old 27 May 2009, 22:57   #9

I have a pump and pressure gauge very similar to yours i would post a picture but the pump is 130 miles away !! To inflate I connect the tube to one side of the handle to deflate i connect the tube to the other side of the handle the manometer is always connected to the pump. one difference I can see is that you have a dial with arrows around it what does this do? If we are ever fortunate enough to visit Malta again we shall definitely seek your local knowledge maybe you could post a picture of the other side of the pump? Good luck
Old 27 May 2009, 23:00   #10

Just a thought can the manometer be attached to the other side of the handle?
Old 28 May 2009, 20:22   #11

Town: Portsmouth, UK
Boat name: Jelly Fish
Make: Quicksilver 3.8XSHD
Engine: Mariner 25MEFI
MMSI: 235905473
Take the manometer off the pump, then pum the handle up and down a few times and feel the ports on the pump to see which side the air comes out, then connect the manometer to that side. The hose then connects to the manometer. You may then need an adaptor to connect the hose to the boat valve.

Connected like this you will see the pressure you are needing to create to inflate the tube i.e. the tube pressure.

I have the same pump. There is a knob on the top of the pump which switches the pump from one way to two way pumping, i.e. pressure on down stroke only or on both up and down strokes.
Old 08 June 2009, 09:44   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffs View Post
Take the manometer off the pump, then pum the handle up and down a few times and feel the ports on the pump to see which side the air comes out, then connect the manometer to that side. The hose then connects to the manometer. You may then need an adaptor to connect the hose to the boat valve.

Connected like this you will see the pressure you are needing to create to inflate the tube i.e. the tube pressure.

I have the same pump. There is a knob on the top of the pump which switches the pump from one way to two way pumping, i.e. pressure on down stroke only or on both up and down strokes.

sorry for the late reply, but was abroad....

just tried using the pump as you instructed me, and it worked. thanks so much !!!