Old 08 January 2010, 16:45   #1

Length: under 3m
maxxon 265 inflatable boat valves....

hey guys...hoping someone might be able to help....I have an old maxxon 260 inflatable...it has a red spray cover up front, says it has 500kg limit, takes 4 people. It has no valves in it at all. They appear to have been unscrewed and taken away, so the female part of the valves are still there within the tubes, but the screw in parts are missing...I am struggling to get hold of any replacements, and to be honest cant afford to spend to much on it, but would like to renovate it for my 2 year old and I to mess about on.

I dont suppose anyone has one of these, or any other maxxon inflatables that has valves that may fit?...If anyone has one that they are scrapping I would be happy to buy the valves from them!! Hope someone can help! cheers!!
Old 08 January 2010, 16:54   #2

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Which part of Oggieland are you from?
Old 08 January 2010, 16:59   #3

lol!!....about 2 miles down the road from you near mabe!!!! this is the bit where you tell me you are an ex maxxon dealer, and in lasting xmas spirit you are gonna give me all the bits I need, and help me repair the hole i've just found in the tube!!??
Old 08 January 2010, 17:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernowboat View Post
lol!!....about 2 miles down the road from you near mabe!!!! this is the bit where you tell me you are an ex maxxon dealer, and in lasting xmas spirit you are gonna give me all the bits I need, and help me repair the hole i've just found in the tube!!??
Nearer than you think, 'coz we're actually nr. Lamanva on the way to Mawnan.

Nope, no Maxxon dealers here.
Old 11 January 2010, 17:40   #5

seems no-one has any spare valves then?....does anyone know what i can do to make some myself?...has anyone ever had to make some if no longer available? cheers!
Old 14 January 2010, 18:44   #6

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Quote:
seems no-one has any spare valves then?....does anyone know what i can do to make some myself?...has anyone ever had to make some if no longer available? cheers!
Post some nice pics to see where valves used to exist...
Old 14 January 2010, 21:52   #7

Town: Connecticut
Make: Avon FRB380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 6hp
Perhaps you can put in a set of Leafield C7 valves. You may need to modify the area where the old valves were. Post some photos showing where the valves were located on the tubes and then it will be easier to determine if this is feasible. Do you know what material the tubes are made of?

Greg
Old 06 February 2010, 16:43   #8

hey guys...thanks for replies.....sorry for slow reply, been waiting to get partner back from my wife!!........have taken some picks, as you can see below, and the internal thread is around 30mm...plus or minus a mill or two, quite hard to measure! anyone know of a cheap valve that would fit the thread?...I dont think I can afford to change the valves completely, as there are three of them, and the price would soon stack up. Saw this http://www.ronhalemarine.co.uk/super...moveable_Valve but the guy had none in stock to measure the thread for me. Hope someone can help! cheers

Old 06 February 2010, 18:45   #9

Quote:
.... been waiting to get partner back from my wife!!
Eh?!!
Old 06 February 2010, 19:08   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Eh?!!
lol!!!!!!! glad someone read that well before she might see it!!! i meant getting my CAMERA back from the wife!!!
Old 06 February 2010, 19:08   #11
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
These guys sell a range of 'common' valves: http://www.ibs-boats.co.uk/download/...talogue-08.pdf
Old 06 February 2010, 19:10   #12

Quote:
lol!!!!!!! glad someone read that well before she might see it!!! i meant getting my CAMERA back from the wife!!!
I thought Mabe had suddenly turned into 'Swing Central'.
Old 06 February 2010, 20:00   #13

ha!!...no such luck mollers!!!....

polwart...think you may have cracked the problem!!...assuming they still have them in stock, and the price isnt too much...I think IBS may have them, but they dont give a price on their price list, which makes me wonder if they no longer have them in stock! the description looks right:

SCREW IN REMOVEABLE VALVE product number 811343
• Screw in removable valve as fitted in
early Quicksilver, Maxxons etc
• Colour: Black

..however, the picture is small, and i cant see the screw thread that would couple with the female thread i have on my boat, but i will try to call them on monday and find out. if not, I was wondering if i could just use a piece of solid plastic, threaded to the right diameter to fit, and just put up with loosing a little air when pulling the pump hose out and screwing the threaded block in??
Old 07 February 2010, 19:48   #14

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INFLATABLE-DIN...item518dd5119b
Old 08 February 2010, 19:52   #15

nice one dude...saw that before, but hadnt read the description properly!...have sent him a request for the thread measurements!...fingers crossed!
Old 11 February 2010, 18:17   #16

Arse. Dont believe it!...got three of the valves from the ebay link a few posts above this, after getting thread measurements from the seller. Unfortunately, with us both being out by a millimeter or two the bloomin thing is too big!!...it goes into the hole until you get to the thread, which is a mm or so wider than the rest of the valve, but the threads are too big!....also, the plunger bit that opens to allow the air in only slightly smaller than the thread!!

I was wondering, as it seems that I am not going to be able to get the correct valves for this boat, I am wondering if I got the valves I now own re-threaded so that they fit the male thread on my boat, and drill out the "lip" that you can see in the pictures of my valve, at the end of the male thread, so that the plunger can go in and out when the new valve is screwed in?...anyone tried such a thing? cheers for now.

Oh, and I wont be able to take the male part of the original valve out of my boat and replace it with my new male valve, as they seem to have been fitted from the inside, and have quite a wide solid area around them, which is obviously glued to the inside of the tube! Below is a pic of my new thread, taken from the net:

Old 25 February 2010, 20:43   #17

come on guys!!!...has anyone ever modded their boats or valves when valves are no longer available for them?....i am happy to drill out internal lip inside my boat valve to allow the new plunge bit to push in and out, and get the new threads re threaded to the right size...does anyone think/know whether it would work? cheers!
Old 26 February 2010, 00:36   #18

Town: Connecticut
Make: Avon FRB380
Engine: Tohatsu 6hp
It looks like you have Halkey-Roberts valves. You might be able to find replacements from a whitewater rafting shop as that type of valve is used on some rafts.

Failing finding a replacement, then you may need to cut them out, and glue in another type of valve, like Leafield C7s.
Old 15 October 2010, 16:13   #19

A little off topic, but ...

I got a Maxxon MS265 as a present without the wooden floor. Can any of you help me with the exact sizes so I can make a set myself?

TIA, Pieter