Old 08 April 2021, 20:12   #1

Town: Cuffley
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF20
Maiden voyage

Got a week off next week, so really wanting to get the new Honwave out for a first trip. Planning on launching from Gillingham Pier and heading down the Medway for a couple of hours each way. Weathers not great but Monday looks the best, a few hours of midday sunshine albeit only max 9deg but wind looks minimal and high tide at 2pm so can be in by noon, head down with the tide and back on the ebb.
I’ve never been here before so if anyone has any tips or advice do share!
Old 09 April 2021, 09:29   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Know nothing helpful about your intended cruising area but do enjoy getting out. We had the chance to launch on salt water for the first time in well over a year this Sat but with a north wind gusting to 20+kt and a "feels like" temperature of 1degC decided to give it a miss despite the temptation.
Old 12 April 2021, 19:48   #3

Out tomorrow, bit nippy but all else looks good, dry suit on and down to Allington all being well
Old 12 April 2021, 20:42   #4

Town: Chelmsford
Length: 4m +
Make sure to post video and Pics. We like video and pics

Have a good maiden
Old 15 April 2021, 20:00   #5

All went well, weather not sunny but wind almost non existent hence conditions great for a first trip out. Running in engine so 6 knot speed limit acceptable, did about 2 hours at < 30% throttle. I have to say Tiller steering very strange I’m going to have to get used to that... also pretty weird sitting on the tube and steering, can certainly feel my hip today ! I guess me old body will adjust after a few trips !
Biggest issue is I have is, on washing down today, the dealer fitted wheels are rubbing on the underside as they have not fitted the brackets low enough and it’s scoring the underside. Dealer has replied to me to say let the wheels deflate a bit ( but thyre already soft maybe 50% inflated so can’t go lower) and Suggested I can get smaller wheels if I’d like, presumably at my cost.
Really not impressed and have told them so....Looking fwd to their response before I get seriously annoyed...
Old 16 April 2021, 18:43   #6

Yep, email photos exchanged today, brackets look about 1cm too high... not sure what rectification steps are available aside from smaller wheels, but for a Honda main dealer how hard should it be to fit basic accessories?
Old 16 April 2021, 19:06   #7

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Maybe get the legs extended to give the wheels clearance and get the dealer to fit the bill. I wouldnt want more transom holes drilled to fit the legs further down.
Either that or exchange the boat for another new one with the brackets fitted in the right places.
Old 16 April 2021, 23:03   #8

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Photo of leg type would help advise. I would be highly irritated with the only solution offered to fit smaller... i.e. less able... wheels. Dealer's problem to resolve in my opinion.
Old 17 April 2021, 10:28   #9

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Hi, if a solution that your happy with is not offered to you and you have paid for the new transom wheels to be fitted, you are well within your rights to seek resolution under the "Consumer Rights Act 2015". Obviously, try to gain a solution with whomever you are dealing with but if that fails I would write to the MD of the supplying dealer, politely stating your case and mentioning the "Consumer Rights Act 2015" - there is a sectioned for service supplied, don't threaten any court action as that doesn't help, but do indicate that you would reluctantly progress it further if a successful solution can't be offered.
I have used this tactic on numerous occasions and it has worked on every occasion bar 1 when the company went into liquidation and the MD told me to get stuf..d!
Old 17 April 2021, 19:09   #10

Yeah thanks guys. If there were new stock we would just reject and demand a replacement but I know there is no new boats available and we do want one for the summer for the UK holiday so options seem limited.
We have agreed they can supply us with smaller wheels and we’ll try them as I can’t see any other option at this point. I just don’t get why Honda didn’t make the legs a bit longer, even say 15mm and there wouldn’t be a problem, and their dealers actually know how to fit these accessories...