Old 11 March 2010, 11:06   #1

Town: Plymouth
Boat name: n/a
Make: Suzumar 3.5 VIB
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp Jetmarine 2 S
Lodestar Trimax 3D V

Has anyone used one of the above Sibs. It has the speed tubes but still has an air deck floor. How well should this go with a 15hp 2s?
Old 12 March 2010, 11:00   #2

Town: London
Boat name: Yellow Peril
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 100 (2T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob peters View Post
Has anyone used one of the above Sibs. It has the speed tubes but still has an air deck floor. How well should this go with a 15hp 2s?
How long is it?

Lots of 'How fast' discussions for very similar SIB's if you do a search within the SIB section. Please have a read first.
Old 12 March 2010, 17:11   #3

Town: Plymouth
Boat name: n/a
Make: Suzumar 3.5 VIB
Engine: 15 hp Jetmarine 2 S
320cms and 40kgs. The reason i askis there is one for sale in good condition and its a lot cheaper than a zodiac futura. The 350 vib i have does about 18mph one up with my 15hp which seems to me to be on the slow side compared to what others are achieving. Hull is inflated to correct pressure. When going onto full power the revs on the engine drop (got a tiny tach) and i think its because the floor flexes so badly altering the planing surface. I realise this is another air deck but would the shorter length and speed tubes make a great difference or would i be better off getting a solid floor model. Just crave that extra bit of speed and sure the engine the can provide that with a more efficient hull.
Old 12 March 2010, 21:49   #4

Town: stockport
Lodestar Trimax 3D V

been looking at these inflatables for a while, seem quite good build quality, speed tubes for better handling and quite light for a fold away. nearly bought one from roche marine to use with my 18hp tohatsu s/s, but have been informed you need l/s motor cos of the speed tubes. anybody got any 1st hand performance stats on these sibs ,ie speed, handling, floor flex etc