Old 16 November 2021, 14:45   #1

Town: Calgary
Leaking Stabilizer Help

Hi all,

On my Zodiac MK2 fast roller, one of the two stabilizers on either side of the keel, has a very slow leak. It's not the valve, based on the soap/water test.

I'm trying to figure out if this piece is removable so I can patch where it's leaking. If I remove the soft floor, I don't see where I can remove this.

Any feedback or solutions?
Thank you in advance.
Old 20 November 2021, 17:55   #2

Town: Falun
Make: Zodiac Futura Mk 2c
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20A
I suppose you have the Zodiac Futura and not the Zodiac Classic. The Futura has speed tubes which is what I think you are describing. If you have the newer model with valves in the back as in this video they are removable.

If you have the older style with valves in the front (like I do) I don't know if they are removable.
Old 20 November 2021, 17:57   #3

Town: Calgary
Thank you so much,

Yes I have the older Futura, since the leaking is extremely slow I think I can live with it.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaglund View Post
I suppose you have the Zodiac Futura and not the Zodiac Classic. The Futura has speed tubes which is what I think you are describing. If you have the newer model with valves in the back as in this video they are removable.

If you have the older style with valves in the front (like I do) I don't know if they are removable.
Old 20 November 2021, 18:04   #4

Town: Falun
Make: Zodiac Futura Mk 2c
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20A
One of mine is leaking as well. I will try the stop-leak liquid but I would like to find the leak first. It's hard to repair something without knowing where it needs fixing. And to find the leak I would like to remove the speed tube. I'm guessing it just pulls right out but I don't know how much of a problem it is to put it back in.