Old 30 April 2012, 14:43   #1

Town: Thaxted
Length: 3m +
Launching wheels for Honwave T35 -AE

First post - Hi everyone I would like some advice please.
I have just purchased a 2nd hand Honda 20hp engine and am now looking to buy a Honwave T35-AE (aluminium floor) SIB. I have also been researching launch wheels to go with this.
Can anyone recommend the best value for money? I have seen Wetline wheels at around £70, Honda Pneumatic Launching Wheels - Non Air-Deck (105635) at £160 and Beachmaster at $AUS 233. I will be packing the boat in the car boot so I want something that is easy to transport on the boat or can be removed before packing the boat away (I dont know if the beachmaster brackets are permanently fixed or if you can take the wheels off for transportation?). Are the Wetline wheels up to the job for this boat and engine or do I need to pay more for something more heavy duty?
Also looking at the Rooteq Outboard engine Trolley stand for getting the engine from car to boat - I know it says it will take engines up to 60kg so it should be fine with a Honda 20hp but I wondered if anyone has any feedback on this - good or bad, or if there is a better solution?
Old 30 April 2012, 15:26   #2

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
The Beachmaster wheels have always looked nice for a small SIB. They will not roll very well on soft sand, but should do great on pavement and firmer substrates. The key is you want them easy to deploy upon returning to dock, and I would say the Beachmasters wins hands down. They are a permanently mounted wheel. Which then point back to another brand if that is an issue with storage or moving the boat around.

Not sure I personally see a need for an engine trolley. You pull the motor from the boot and put it directly onto the boat. From there you can use the boat wheels for moving them around.
Old 30 April 2012, 16:12   #3

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Length: 6m +
Engine: opti 150
Sm Folding Launching Wheels Fold Up Boat Rib Inflatable | eBay i got these and i am very pleased too ,not too big and not too small ,i can fold up and down really easy and leave them on the boat with outboard fitted.
Old 01 May 2012, 12:57   #4

Thanks for the info. I think I will take a look at the SM Folding Launch Wheels - for £51 plus delivery they sound like a good deal, the beachmaster ones are a wee but pricey in comparison, although they do look very slick on YouTube.
Old 01 May 2012, 13:24   #5

i went for the ones including bolts....they come with no instructions.... all i did was set the sib up with outboard fitted and raised it on a garden bench to desired height,you have to make sure they don`t catch the sponsons and that they will not impede the outboards turning circle(it`s tight!) drill holes fit bolts and tighten i used sanitary grade clear silicone on the channel ,though i don`t really see the need !
Old 01 May 2012, 15:32   #6

You have answered my next question! Although I did have to google "sponson" - showing my ignorance I know. Cheers.
Old 01 May 2012, 15:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
You have answered my next question! Although I did have to google "sponson" - showing my ignorance I know. Cheers.
haha i only got into this game a coupla years ago ,did loads of homework and asked lots of silly questions...
were all learning and this is a great forum for helpfull advice some of the guys on here really know there stuff
Old 05 May 2012, 21:13   #8

Town: Madrid-Almeria
Boat name: SEPIA
Make: honwave
Engine: Honda BF20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
First post - Hi everyone I would like some advice please.
I have just purchased a 2nd hand Honda 20hp engine and am now looking to buy a Honwave T35-AE (aluminium floor) SIB. I have also been researching launch wheels to go with this.
Can anyone recommend the best value for money? I have seen Wetline wheels at around £70, Honda Pneumatic Launching Wheels - Non Air-Deck (105635) at £160 and Beachmaster at $AUS 233. I will be packing the boat in the car boot so I want something that is easy to transport on the boat or can be removed before packing the boat away (I dont know if the beachmaster brackets are permanently fixed or if you can take the wheels off for transportation?). Are the Wetline wheels up to the job for this boat and engine or do I need to pay more for something more heavy duty?
Also looking at the Rooteq Outboard engine Trolley stand for getting the engine from car to boat - I know it says it will take engines up to 60kg so it should be fine with a Honda 20hp but I wondered if anyone has any feedback on this - good or bad, or if there is a better solution?
Regarding Rooteq: check this thread.
http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/advice-...e-34115-3.html
Rooteq+BP20 Honda will be unstable without modifications: 4stroke engines weight distribution is more in the head, less in the leg.
Fortunately, they are easy and explained in the thread (pics included). I'm fully satisfied now.
Old 08 May 2012, 12:37   #9

Thanks Azzuro.
Old 09 May 2012, 23:14   #10

Town: South West
Boat name: Das Boot
Make: Honwave T40
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu, 20
If you do get a rooteq be careful loading the engine on. The instructions don't explain how you should go about that and I broke mine on first use.

I had assumed that the fake transom would take the load but it couldn't handle 50kg and nearly ripped off the strut it is mounted to. With my engine the weight has to be put on the skeg first and then the fake transom adjusted to take the remaining load. Luckily for me I know an engineer that made it like new without having to send it back under warranty.

It is incredibley unstable with a 4 stroke near It's weight limit and could do with a serious redesign. The track is too narrow, the fake transom is too narrow and weak. I would not recommend one.
Old 10 May 2012, 09:31   #11

Sounds like good advice - Thanks