Old 11 November 2011, 18:18   #1

Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
Lake Powell adventure

I figured I needed an adventure before the weather really turned cold, so we took two jetskis, my futura mk2 and everything we owned on a boat camping trip to Lake Powell. I had never been there before. The lake is amazing! Unfortunately, we arrived along with a cold front late in October (snowed on the hills around us), but it did warm up over the week and we had a great time cruising and fishing along the many arms off the main lake while hiding from the wind. The stormy conditions abated and the water was beautiful and glassy under towering cliffs. Time to go hydrofoiling! Who needs a big ski boat when you have the inflatable and a 40 hp three cylinder?

I'm glad we didn't break a stringer overloading the boat. The parking lot photo is from take out. The boat got unloaded and rode home empty... to travel again soon!

Thank you to whomever posted the video clip previously with futura adventures in the UK. I saw those blue plastic food barrels with the sealing lids and then found three for $60 US total. Absolutely brilliant for bulk cargo in the inflatable. I appreciate all I have learned here on the forum.

Here is a youtube link.
Lake Powell Hydrofoil 1 - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loaded.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	63850   Click image for larger version

Name:	lake-powell-view.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	63851   Click image for larger version

Name:	lake-powell-sunset.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	63852  
Old 12 November 2011, 09:48   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Excellent pictures and video kelson.

When you go camping... you guys know how to do it in style! Looks like Everest base camp! It was Zodiacman posts (regards blue-barrels) on a trip to the Shiants. Link here: http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/115-ml-...sib-31245.html

Apparently zodiacman sold the Futura in April this year and returned to sea kayaking (cheaper). Can't see how a Futura and 25hp was expensive?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Old 12 November 2011, 14:58   #3

Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
Those food barrels worked great. I pounded across the main channel with wind and waves on the first day out. Anything not in a dry bag or a sealed container would have been soaked. I would have been concerned about increasing my load if everything wasn't sealed up. The barrels are also easy to unstrap and carry to your campsite. However, they are a little unstable when used as a seat, though there may have been some drinking involved in my fireside faceplant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	barrel.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	63870