Old 15 May 2016, 22:48   #21

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Get (or make) a proper gauge reading in psi, the pictorial ones that come with SIBs are ****. Essential.
Old 15 May 2016, 22:56   #22

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Max for info they don't come with pictorial ones any more. See my post #31 on the thread below showing the current gauges and their decent accuracy...

http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/new-boa...s-71981-2.html

My bravo elec pump, the gauge supplied for the Aerotec (Bravo branded) and one bought from Ebay as a Bravo all read almost identical pressures so pretty safe to assume they're correct.

I'm assuming Sean was supplied a Zodiac/Bombard/Bravo gauge like mine.
Old 16 May 2016, 06:43   #23

Town: Maidstone
Boat name: na
Make: Zodiac
Engine: outboard 25p 2stroke
Quote:
I'm assuming Sean was supplied a Zodiac/Bombard/Bravo gauge like mine.
Yep exactly
Old 16 May 2016, 06:50   #24

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
I can't see the pic of the Zodiac gauge but does it give you actual psi to within 0.2 or similar?

As we know with the correct pressure the floor is very solid indeed - but the last couple of strokes on a manual stirrup pump can make all the difference between 11 and 11.5. For me it's almost limit of strength to get it up nearer 12 that is sometimes needed to compensate for the cold water.
Old 16 May 2016, 07:34   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
I can't see the pic of the Zodiac gauge but does it give you actual psi to within 0.2 or similar?

As we know with the correct pressure the floor is very solid indeed - but the last couple of strokes on a manual stirrup pump can make all the difference between 11 and 11.5. For me it's almost limit of strength to get it up nearer 12 that is sometimes needed to compensate for the cold water.
Yeah it's in psi, would need to check it to see what increments. It's quite a bit of effort to get to 12 but I could definitely do more, not alot more though.
Old 16 May 2016, 07:56   #26

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>>I can't see the pic of the Zodiac gauge but does it give you actual psi to within 0.2 or similar?

Sorry Max I wasn't very clear in that other thread... if you look at the link below you can see the Zodiac gauge is a Bravo gauge with no Zodiac markings at all apart from the part number on the packet.... exactly the same gauge as you get if you order a Bravo one from Ebay.

I work in bars but as the gauges are dual scale yes it's possible to judge psi accurately.

Zodiac Pressure Gauge Z67061

>>>It's quite a bit of effort to get to 12 but I could definitely do more, not alot more though.

Sean did yours come with the 2-stage pump where you pull out the plug to "gear" it down for the higher pressure. It should have done then it's really just down to number of strokes rather than foot pressure to get the floor up to and a little over pressure.
Old 16 May 2016, 08:17   #27

Quote:
Sean did yours come with the 2-stage pump where you pull out the plug to "gear" it down for the higher pressure. It should have done then it's really just down to number of strokes rather than foot pressure to get the floor up to and a little over pressure.
Yep that's the one, if the weather is nice next Saturday I'm more likely to be able to make a day of it so will recheck pressure after being in the water.