Old 01 February 2015, 16:40   #1

Town: Dorset
Length: no boat
In the market

Hi All,

Having sold my sailing dinghy this morning, i'm in the market for a SIB. Rather than buying new i wanted to see what was around. My budget is around £1500, maybe a little more. I want something that can be handled by one person, but which can take 4-5 for quick trips and 2 for fishing. I'm thinking air floor and bigger than 3.2m, preferably with launch wheels. I don't have a garage or driveway so portability is important. Ideally a 10-15hp 2 stroke in good nick. Oh...and preferably within a reasonable distance of the south coast.

If anybody hears of anything i'd appreciate it...

James.
Old 01 February 2015, 16:47   #2

Town: South Brent
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda BF90
Hi,

i have this 3.3m SIB for sale

It has a 9.9hp Parsun on it, not the mercury in the picture.

Comes with:

12v Bravo pump
Launch wheels
oars
plywood floor
repair kit
fuel tank and line (25ltr)

looking for £1100.00

Great little boat, only used it 8 times from new. the parsun is a 2008, not new when i got it.

Any more info, pm me

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141231_113522.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	102715   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-08 20.35.47.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	102716  
Old 01 February 2015, 18:42   #3

Town: Dorset
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul sparkes View Post
Hi,

Cheers
Thanks Paul. As i'm new to the game i think i am going to stick to the major brand inflatables, but appreciate the offer and i hope you get what you're looking for.

James
Old 01 February 2015, 19:17   #4

Town: South Brent
Make: Ribcraft 585
Engine: Honda BF90
No probs mate
Old 02 February 2015, 10:40   #5

Town: North Lincs
Boat name: na
Make: F-Rib 330/Excel 330
Length: 3m +
Engine: Parsun 15hp
It is also worth considering the folded up size and weight if you have no garage because some sibs are a handful to move around even when folded. Ok, I am an old tart but the folded size of a Honwave 3.8 as an example is really large and could be an issue getting into your chosen storage place. A Excel 330 is far more manageable as a comparision and takes far less space due to the different types of air floor.
These things may not be a problem for you but I just thought it worth mentioning.

Phil
Old 02 February 2015, 15:29   #6

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
I have a honwave 3.2 airfloor and find that is as heavy as I would like to be carting about on my own the folded size is just manageable for one person also . i had a 3.8 zodiac futura and that was far too heavy and cumbersome to manhandle on my own
Old 11 February 2015, 15:09   #7

Make: Quicksilver
Engine: Suzuki 4hp
I have Quicksilver inflatable with an airdeck. It hasn't been used very much. I think it is just over 4 metres. It has two seats and it says it can take up to five people. It has folding transom wheels (new, not yet fitted) plus a Quicksilver pump, lifejackets and other bit's and bobs. (No leaks or repairs).

It has a 4hp Suzuki four stroke with it at the moment and the id plate says max 11hp. I know it's not what you were originally asking for but I just thought I'd mention it in case you have had a change of heart!
Old 13 February 2015, 17:17   #8

Town: Devon
Boat name: Lamna Nasus
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20hp Tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporterman99 View Post
I have Quicksilver inflatable with an airdeck. It hasn't been used very much. I think it is just over 4 metres. It has two seats and it says it can take up to five people. It has folding transom wheels (new, not yet fitted) plus a Quicksilver pump, lifejackets and other bit's and bobs. (No leaks or repairs).

It has a 4hp Suzuki four stroke with it at the moment and the id plate says max 11hp. I know it's not what you were originally asking for but I just thought I'd mention it in case you have had a change of heart!
Any pictures, and how much are you after?
Old 13 February 2015, 22:43   #9

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporterman99 View Post

Something not quite right there a 4m sib will have a higher hp rating than 11 hp either the boats smaller than you think or you read the plate wrong
Old 14 February 2015, 09:08   #10

Make: Quicksilver
Engine: Suzuki 4hp
The pictures make it look smaller than it is! It comes with engine, oars, a padded seat cover/bag, pump, life jackets and the launching wheels.

Re the max permissible engine size- I probably got that wrong, it has an icon on the plate which I took to be a pic of an engine with a number 11 next to it. It could mean anything! We are looking for £750 all in.