Old 05 June 2013, 11:37   #1

Honwave or Prowave

Hi everyone,

I'm still looking for my boat but change things a bit now, I'm going to buy new but unsure what to do.

I'm currently looking at the prowave 3.8 HD which comes with all accessories such as launch wheels, 2 seat pads with drop down pockets and a full cover for the boat and this costs £870.

But are they any good compared to the 3.5m Ali floor honwave. I know you don't get as much for your money I.E the seats and launch wheels but are the prowaves as good or better?

Thank you

Morgan
Old 05 June 2013, 12:26   #2

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
They are both very similar but the HonWave has a couple of nice ideas. The quality of the transon and seat come to mind.

But the biggest difference will be when you come to sell it, HonWaves are developing an excellent reputation and following, used ones sell for nearly new money on Ebay, Prowaves dont.

If you are going to keep it for 10 years ( the life of a PVC Sib) then save money and buy the Prowave. If you think you will want to change or sell it, go for the Honwave.

Had a quick look round on the web and found T-35 AE-2's for around £800, even with a nice set of wheels and cover it should only be £950 ish.
Old 07 June 2013, 07:59   #3

Thank you for that, it helped me choose but I've gone a different route and bought a xpro commando 380.