Old 22 June 2014, 17:30   #1

Town: Derby
Boat name: Honwave T32ie
Make: Honda
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Honwave airfloor issue

Hi All! I am new to the forum with very little experience in SIBing. I have recently bought Honwave T32 with airfloor and BF15 as a package.

I have noticed that one side of my air floor looses air quicker than other side.
I have checked valves and tightened them following advice from the forum (check with soapy water etc).
Right floor goes from 0.8bar (Bravo) to 0.3bar (manometer) within 3 days but left side stays at 0.6bar for much longer. I have sent boat back to dealer but they said it is quite normal for inflatable boat - and it is not significant loss. They also said that Honda will not replace/repair the boat.

It looks like I am running out of options but I need your advice before contacting Honda. How is your air floor performing? What is 'normal' air pressure loss?

Thank you for help!
Old 22 June 2014, 18:00   #2

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
Because of the small volume but high pressure of an airfloor, I would always expect to top up on a daily basis. External temperatures have a huge effect on the floor, can you get a full days sibbing out of it ?

Having said that, the difference between each side of the floor is significant on a new boat. Are you sure you havent got a pin prick puncture in it ?If not, contact Honda directly and ask for help.
Old 22 June 2014, 18:23   #3

Thanks, I have used it once on Ullswater and no issues during the day. I left it inflated in my garage and noticed the difference between each side. I am pretty sure no pin prick in it - it would go flat much quicker.
Irritating is fact that dealership considered the difference between each side of the floor as 'normal - very poor quality.
Old 23 June 2014, 08:18   #4

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilu View Post
Right floor goes from 0.8bar (Bravo) to 0.3bar (manometer) within 3 days but left side stays at 0.6bar for much longer.
This is not normal or acceptable, I would press for a resolution.

Not sure on bars but my airfloors (12.3psi) will only lose a few psi in a matter of weeks.
Old 23 June 2014, 09:41   #5

Thanks again! This is what I expected. I have contacted Honda Marine today I will post their answer to my query within 3 days.
BTW this is second Honwave - first one was split on seal when delivered brand new!
Old 23 June 2014, 09:48   #6

Town: Oop North
There's a small hole in one side of my Bombards airdeck, I only noticed it when I had water sloshing around in the bottom of the boat. The thing is though, it still maintains it's pressure for over a week.
If you are losing pressure that fast, a hole should be easily spotted, also check the seams.
Old 23 June 2014, 10:28   #7
CJS

Town: Warsash
Make: Honwave T 3.8 ie
Engine: Honda 20 HP
One chamber on my air floor loses easily half its pressure over a week. It is nothing to be alarmed at.....15% loss per day is respectable. If you are losing that over an hour it needs to be investigated.
Old 23 June 2014, 11:56   #8

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS View Post
One chamber on my air floor loses easily half its pressure over a week. It is nothing to be alarmed at.....15% loss per day is respectable. If you are losing that over an hour it needs to be investigated.
Again, I'd disagree this is normal - just checked mine, last used and inflated over two weeks ago (full pressure is 11.3 psi - not 12.3 in my typo in earlier post).

Pressure in each side today is between 8.5 and 9 so loss is about 20% in more than 14 days.

15% a day is a lot to lose.
Old 26 June 2014, 20:57   #9

Thanks guys for comments. Honda has agreed today to take boat to be checked under warranty. I will post their findings next week.