Old 07 August 2009, 15:55   #1
CJS

Town: Warsash
Make: Honwave T 3.8 ie
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 20 HP
Honwave

Hi I am new on here.

Just purchased a new Honwave T3.8 ie with Honda 20HP. The boat is great been out a couple of times already.

My only bitch is how do people manage to get this air floor to 0.8bar without having a coronary along the way? I use a hi speed inflator which takes it to 0.1/2 bar and have to use the foot pump but have never managed to get it above 0.6 bar yet.

Any thoughts.
Old 07 August 2009, 16:11   #2

Town: GTA
Make: QS 330 airdeck
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2-strke
I asked my self the same question 2 months ago.
I bought a generic Intex double action pump and made a preasure gauge from automotive supplies.
Airfloor in my Quicksilver 330 requires 10psi (~0.6 bar). After practicing to inflate/deflate floor, I know that from fully deflated I need about 50-55 full strokes to get to 10psi. Takes about 1 minute, however the last 15 strokes take 30 seconds from it.
Old 07 August 2009, 22:18   #3

Town: Worcestershire
Boat name: ??? Needs Naming
Make: Honwave T32i
Engine: Honda BF5/Mariner 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS View Post
Hi I am new on here.

Just purchased a new Honwave T3.8 ie with Honda 20HP. The boat is great been out a couple of times already.

My only bitch is how do people manage to get this air floor to 0.8bar without having a coronary along the way? I use a hi speed inflator which takes it to 0.1/2 bar and have to use the foot pump but have never managed to get it above 0.6 bar yet.

Any thoughts.
I recently bought a Honwave T32i myself & know the problem - the footpump works but takes forever to get the airdeck up to anything like pressure. I've been ding a far bit of checking on the posts in this forum & on the net generally.

The consensus seems to be that the Scoprega Bravo BST12 HPP (and BATT version which has a rechargeable battery) are the best pumps available for the job & are the only ones to get to the 0.8 Bar required.

http://www.scoprega.it/pdf/pompe/pom...ic%20pumps.pdf

Many also think that their stirrip pumps are the answer but I think the rechargeable verion of the electric pump is the one I would like to go for if possible- the only thing is the cost..they are around £150 !!!!

If anyone out there can help me with one for a better price I'd certainly be very interested.

Hope this helps
Old 07 August 2009, 23:47   #4

Town: GTA
Make: QS 330 airdeck
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2-strke
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceB View Post
the Scoprega Bravo BST12 HPP (and BATT version which has a rechargeable battery) are the best pumps available for the job

http://www.scoprega.it/pdf/pompe/pom...ic%20pumps.pdf

..they are around £150 !!!!

Hope this helps
It is definitely the best tool for the job!
@ $250.00 CAD I'm putting it on my dream list, as a lot # 231331. Thanks for that Scoprega!
Old 08 August 2009, 00:53   #5

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
yep thats what my bpy used on is honwave
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2009, 00:10   #6

Town: Bristol
Boat name: Happy Days
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Mariner 4St/4HP
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeP
Our boat is an aerodeck, and I have to honestly say that getting it up to useable pressue has been the least of our worries - although I have not been measuring it with a pressure gauge to check how close we are to the pressure written in the manual - I suspect we might well be less, but it feels firm enough to me.

Although it's probably not my place to suggest this, it might be that the feel of the deck might be a better indication than the numbers on the gauge ? I only suggest this as in other areas of life, I have found gut feel to be more reliable than the numbers coming from a measurement device!
Old 10 August 2009, 22:31   #7

Made the investment (or hope it will be) in a Bravo BST12 HPP at the weekend - cost me £100 with a HR adapter. Was loking at the Batt version but decided it should be fine as it'll be by the car most of the time when inflating.

I'll probably use a jump-start battery pack when I want to be more portable...anyone else tried this & is it successful?
Old 11 August 2009, 11:43   #8

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Quote:
Made the investment (or hope it will be) in a Bravo BST12 HPP at the weekend - cost me £100 with a HR adapter. Was loking at the Batt version but decided it should be fine as it'll be by the car most of the time when inflating.

I'll probably use a jump-start battery pack when I want to be more portable...anyone else tried this & is it successful?
Yes use the Bravo with a Black & Decker jump start battery pack - works well on my Honwave airdeck 3.8ie - was never able to get the required pressure with a foot pump.
Old 11 August 2009, 15:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn View Post
Yes use the Bravo with a Black & Decker jump start battery pack - works well on my Honwave airdeck 3.8ie - was never able to get the required pressure with a foot pump.
Thanks for that...glad it works for another Honwave/Bravo owner.

Do you just clip the jumpstart leads to the Bravo ones or have you modified in any way?

I have had the same problem as you. Can't get the airdeck to 800mb using the supplied footpump & it was knackering to get it to 600 or over...took ages too!!

The Bravo should be a lifesave I recon & hoping to try it out this weekend
Old 11 August 2009, 15:50   #10

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Bravo 9 Air Pump

This is a cheap ( $ 10.00) excellent performer, Bravo 9 model, it's a dual action inflate/deflate with high volume low pressure port for tubes and low volume high pressure port to inflate any air deck to 1 bar (12 Psi) comes with long hose and Halkey Roberts valve adapter. Just follow recommended inflation instructions.

Happy Sibbing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bravo 9.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	44750  
Old 11 August 2009, 22:20   #11

Town: Bristol
Boat name: Happy Days
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Mariner 4St/4HP
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeP
Hmmm, I really must be doing something wrong with our airdeck, although we've not been using it in a 'performance' situation where waves are a significant factor. I've been inflating it with a dual-action hand pump that takes me about 30 seconds (with no coronary) to get to a hard enough pressure that I can stand on it without any deformation.

Maybe next time we launch near the boatyard we got it from, I'll ask them to check the pressure for me with a gauge before we get going...
Old 11 August 2009, 22:48   #12

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Quote:
Thanks for that...glad it works for another Honwave/Bravo owner.

Do you just clip the jumpstart leads to the Bravo ones or have you modified in any way?

I have had the same problem as you. Can't get the airdeck to 800mb using the supplied footpump & it was knackering to get it to 600 or over...took ages too!!

The Bravo should be a lifesave I recon & hoping to try it out this weekend
Yeah just clip the Bravo crocs to the ones on the jumpstart battery - but leave the jumpstart crocs on their keepers so there is no chance of shorting.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~142467...d+Jump+Starter
Old 12 August 2009, 08:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn View Post
Yeah just clip the Bravo crocs to the ones on the jumpstart battery - but leave the jumpstart crocs on their keepers so there is no chance of shorting.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~142467...d+Jump+Starter
Cheers, that's what I was thinking...glad to know I was on the right track
Old 12 August 2009, 08:56   #14

Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
I use a BST12 HP and power pack and has been great.

I do have a problem now in that the pump cuts out at low pressure. It is less than 12 months old and will probably have to send it back and hopefully not to Italy.

Anyone else had this problem or can advise where to send for repair?

Cheers
Old 18 August 2009, 08:53   #15

Used my new Bravo BST 12 HP pump for the first time at the weekend. What am amazing bit if kit it is...just worked brilliantly!!

Used one of the supplied adapters & it pumped up the tubes & airdeck to pressure in a few minutes - checked with manometer & pressures were correct (as dialed in on the pump).

As the pump was doing it's thing we got the other kit ready & we were off in 15-20 mins without any rushing at all.

Very happy with the purchase & worth the money on reflection...highly recommended!!
Old 18 August 2009, 08:59   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo500 View Post
I use a BST12 HP and power pack and has been great.

I do have a problem now in that the pump cuts out at low pressure. It is less than 12 months old and will probably have to send it back and hopefully not to Italy.

Anyone else had this problem or can advise where to send for repair?

Cheers
Was looking on the warranty card to see what it said ref repairs etc & they say you need to contact Scoprega (presumably by phone/email) to get a return authorisation & then post the pump back to them (postage paid) or to your supplier.

Hope this helps.
Lance
Old 18 August 2009, 13:55   #17

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Hmmm, I really must be doing something wrong with our airdeck, although we've not been using it in a 'performance' situation where waves are a significant factor. I've been inflating it with a dual-action hand pump that takes me about 30 seconds (with no coronary) to get to a hard enough pressure that I can stand on it without any deformation.

Maybe next time we launch near the boatyard we got it from, I'll ask them to check the pressure for me with a gauge before we get going...
With my zodiac airdeck and a dual action hand pump (form lidl) I pump until the hand pump is straining before I get to the inflated symbol on my Zodiac inflation gauge.
Old 18 August 2009, 17:05   #18

Town: Bury
Boat name: O' ALCHEMY
Make: Honwave 3.8 IE
Engine: Honda 15hp 4 stroke
MMSI: 235905781
Quote:

Hi there, have just bought a bravo BST12 HPP, cost me £119.54 including delivery, best price I could find. Just wondering, will I need an adaptor for my honwave or does it come supplied with the pump.

Best wishes

Jake
Old 18 August 2009, 20:38   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake 4589 View Post
Hi there, have just bought a bravo BST12 HPP, cost me £119.54 including delivery, best price I could find. Just wondering, will I need an adaptor for my honwave or does it come supplied with the pump.

Best wishes

Jake
Hi Jake,

I got an adapter with it but it happens to be the wrong one...it doesn't need a special one though as we used one of the ones supplied & it worked fine for both the tubes & the airdeck.

Lance
Old 02 September 2009, 13:28   #20
CJS

Town: Warsash
Make: Honwave T 3.8 ie
Engine: Honda 20 HP
Got a hand pump then bought a trailer

I purchased a hand pump with pressure gauge for 20 quid and finally managed to get the air floor to that elusive 0.8 bar - it required about 16 - 20 cycles and the last 5 or so I thought the plastic rod connected to the piston would snap! I practically had to push down with all my weight.

Anyway I thought balls to all that effort and purchased a trailer far less hassle.