Old 04 August 2021, 14:29   #1
A1o

Length: no boat
Heybridge Basin

Anyone know how much time you have prior to high tide and after at Heybridge before the mud starts to show making landing difficult...

Is there a specific way to work this out as a general rule or does it vary??
Old 06 August 2021, 13:33   #2

Town: CHELMSFORD
Boat name: Honwave
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.8hp 4 stroke
MMSI: 235923173
Hi There is a public slipway at Maldon prominade park and you can go to Heybridge from there. I don't know about launching at Heybridge. I have launched at Bradwell marina and gone to Heybridge at high tide

I understand Maldon has 2-3 hours of water at high tide. I don't know how to determine how long there will be water or how long you get at Heybridge.

I am going to launch from Maldon in a couple of weeks in the evening. I will launch an hour before the high tide at Maldon and be back in 2 hours
Old 06 August 2021, 21:33   #3
A1o

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by essex View Post
Hi There is a public slipway at Maldon prominade park and you can go to Heybridge from there. I don't know about launching at Heybridge. I have launched at Bradwell marina and gone to Heybridge at high tide

I understand Maldon has 2-3 hours of water at high tide. I don't know how to determine how long there will be water or how long you get at Heybridge.

I am going to launch from Maldon in a couple of weeks in the evening. I will launch an hour before the high tide at Maldon and be back in 2 hours

Thanks mate, wasn’t aware of the public slipway..

I tend to launch of sea wall not far from play park in heybridge, used to use the beach by the old pub but that lands now being developed on wiping out the parking.

Your estimations are about right, I try to get out an hour to an hour and a half before high tide and have a couple of hours on water..

Wouldn’t want to risk getting stuck in that mud!! Bad memories as a kid down promenade park haha!