Old 26 April 2018, 15:15   #1

Town: South East
Make: Waveline V SIB
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 25hp
Hard floor for a Waveline V floor sib

Advise please chaps. . . .

I do not like my air v floor so I'm making a hard floor to the same details in the video below, my question is. . . I would prefer the floor in 2 sections so I can still transport the folded up boat and new hard floor inside a vehicle, would a two piece floor not be as good as a one and would it maybe not be as stable as a one piece, if I make a one piece I will have to roof mount or trailer the sib, sib is 2.7mtr.

Both a one and two piece floor will be held down tight in the space between the tube (unlike the boat in the video where the floor just sits in the boat) and the floor by the glued on pipe insulation around the edge of the whole floor, and if it's a two part floor I will pad each side of the joining boards the same way so I'm hoping they will not flex but I'm not sure?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL1...7Y&mode=NORMAL
Old 26 April 2018, 22:37   #2

Town: South East
Make: Waveline V SIB
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 25hp
Hard floor for a Waveline V floor sib

Further thought on a 2 piece floor. . . With the pipe foam joints on the 2 floor pieces that meet in the middle of the boat probably sitting tight against the floor this may make the bow half of the boat floor seal itself against the wood floor and hold any water that has got under the floor via the two holes that will need to cut out for the floor valves. Their will be water sitting in the deepest part of V floor, that is at the bow. With a 1 piece floor any water under the floor will run to the stern and out the drain (that I am going to make sure is not covered by the floor) no?

Maybe the storage box I will fit at the bow will cover the 2 cutouts for the v floor valves thus It will not be an issue? I guess I will have to see during the build. . . .
Old 27 April 2018, 06:47   #3

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Better off selling and buying a purpose built hard floor SIB TBH. Did not realise in the other (box) topic your SIB is just 2.7m - with all those boxes and gear might be worth going up to a 3.2? Much more room and a fair bit more seaworthy.

Tags
sib