Old 08 March 2022, 04:33   #1

Town: Aberdeen
Boat name: GTK370
Make: China
Length: 3m +
Engine: 5.8HP 2 stroke
GTK370 narrow SIB

I have three GTK370 narrow SIBs off Aliexpress. I have seen uncannily similar boats with minor differences with names such as Spearfish, Kaboat, Kboat, Bris, Xcape, windwalker and lots more I have forgotten names of.

Interested to hear from others with similar and how you use them.

Variations i have seen online are:
3.7m and 4.2m (Saturn do longer but they look floppy on the water)
PVC or Hypalon and heat or glued seams
Transom rating
KG/people rating
PVC thickness 0.9mm and 1.2mm
Number of air chamber 3 vs 5 both inc. Air deck
Tube diameter
Seat tie down method
Round vs pointy bow nose
Round vs pointy stern tubes
Some have single double ended oar
Transom drain
Some have cool accessories like a stand up hold bar and bow dodger

All in all happy with my spec and the price. Happy with the weight too.

Posted this on the new member page earlier today.

I have three 3.7m SIBs called GTK370 from Aliexpress, all with local bought Parson 5.8HP 2 stroke. Very happy with them.

Boat weight about 30kg without seats, engines 20kg. All to save my back. Can take 2 people comfortably or one plus fishing gear.

Bought three so I can be sociable and travel in groups. They are for in sight of shore sea fishing and I prefer groups for the redundancy of safety. They have 5 air chambers inc the air deck, and are surprisingly stable.

I have seen similar on youtube via various resellers in US, UK and Asia with minor differences. Most others look to have only 3 air chambers so I am quite pleased with these. Only 0.9mm PVC but my choice not to take the 1.2mm option.

I installed standard transom wheels recently. There is plenty online about fitting various transom wheels to these narrow SIBs. My solution was a simple leg extension inside the leg that I use after launch so they stick out far enough to be clear of the outboard and I have to turn them facing inwards (or I could have made super long leg extensions but it would have looked weird).

Also have one 2100w 48v trolling motor I am in process of modifying. I cut the SS leg down for it be a normal short shaft length, installed a proper kill switch, and still need to put a better waterproof battery connector on it. Main issue is finding a prop suited for speed instead of the standard slow speed high torque trolling prop but I am working on that. I have loads of high Ah 48v packs from some E bikes I have which is why I took a chance on the trolling motor.

Have been a lurker for a few years and decided to sign up.

Havent figured out how to post pics yet but I put enough info in this post for you to find online pics if you are interested.
Old 08 March 2022, 19:03   #2

Town: Wyboston, Bedford
Length: no boat
I have looked at the Kaboats before now but I don't think you can get them in the UK at the moment.

They look to be very capable boats from video's I have watched so hopefully yours is too.
Old 09 March 2022, 11:26   #3
Spammer

My Kaboat, like most, fell apart at the seams.
I would recommend you sell it before the 2-3 year mark.
Depending on how you take care of your boat you might extend it's life, but not likely by much.
In very calm weather, you can almost stand on it. Barely.
However, since there is no keel, and because of the narrow shape, it's very unstable.
The tubes are small. They are better suited for smaller bodies of water like lakes & rivers with calmer waters / chop.

The major benefit is weight and portability. These boats are extremely light, and extremely portable. I sold mine to a pilot with a float plane where weight and size was essential .

Also if you're anchored in any type of current or wind, the boat will stay in position better than a smaller tender that spins around at the mercy of the current / wind.

Most people have never seen one in person , and randoms will start asking questions and paying you compliments. They're cool looking boats and they're fun but not great quality.
Old 09 March 2022, 12:27   #4

Town: Aberdeen
Boat name: GTK370
Make: China
Length: 3m +
Engine: 5.8HP 2 stroke
Appreciate the feedback. Fair point about the quality/life and time will tell how theses ones hold up. I was going to get the 303 aerospace for them too. They are slightly cheaper than SKL396 but where I live my only choice is from Aliexpress so it wasnt about the money. No warranty anyway but I bought one and checked it out then bought two more.
Old 11 July 2023, 16:37   #5

Hi John, How are you getting on with your narrow sibs? Can you send me a link to the one you bought please? I too am looking for a narrow sib. To be able to both use in English rivers (rowing) and coasts sea (motor). I don’t think there is much difference between a kaboat and a narrow sib, unless someone can put me right? In fact I think a sib from a reputable make will probably be a better boat - and a wider used market.

If anyone has a newish, narrow, 4m boat they want to sell please get in touch

Tags
sib